Gold Nugget Hunting Southern Idaho

wowtec

Looking for Some metal detectorist to go out hunting with I've been doing this a couple of years

I've done a lot of research, and would like to get to know some metal detectorist to go out and hunt with I have some good equipment, to go with . I'm semi retired and like to go out during the week.

Just got me a new pair of snake books and itching to get out their with my gold monster and my falcon MD 20. looking for friends to go out with during the week, I try to stay away from weekends but I can go then too! Thanks for reading Ps I like to go out to the Owyhees its close to home!

This just what I found this week with the Gold monster 1000 not sure if their hard rock gold or just hot rocks I lean toward hard rook Im going to try some CLR On them or any idea's to clean them up I might just crush them In my crusher? 2/15/20

Feb 20.jpg

Feb 20 2.jpg

Feb 20 3.jpg

Feb 20 4.jpg

Feb 20 6.jpg

Feb 20 7.jpg

Hi Fred I actually am a member of the Nampa club but they meet on tuesday night and thats been a problem for me.

and they actually have more sluicing I think. Thanks I do want to get out with them on their claims but have not had a chance yet do you know any clubs that are metal detecting around Nampa ? what about your self? My name is Ray

Ray,  The Idaho Gold Prospectors Association has good gold claims in Southern Idaho and I think their even have a couple around the Silver City area.  As for someone to go with?  Share some of the photos of gold nuggets you've found, I'm willing to bet a person or two will be happy to take you up on the offer and go with you. 

The problem for most folks is not knowing good gold nugget bearing ground.  Those who have spent the time to research and then humped the hills til their feet quit, just to find a few nuggies...well those folks are pretty tight lipped and very well deserving.  With the price of gold just under $1600 an ounce and the good sites getting cleaned out more and more each weekend, I totally see why the few who know, have decided to keep quiet.

I have a customer in Oregon who works his arse off researching good gold ground, then takes the time to find the claim/property owners and works a deal with them.  When he finds gold (and he has done well), he enjoys sharing the finds.  So many people just assume he will take them out.  He now says,  "hand me the money in your wallet"  because that is what you're asking him.

As Fred mentioned, clubs are the best way to go for most newer prospectors and if you hang around the successful ones in the club, offer to buy their breakfast and pay for gas, they just might invite you along.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Gerry Ive been meaning to get to your store, I will be at a meeting this next week. Thanks for getting back with me, just went out this week with my new Gold Monster 1000 and found some I think hard rock gold or hot rocks not to sure (LOL) I will post some pictures for you

These pics are from a powerful coin microscope., let me know what you think, Thanks for getting back with me!!

Feb 20 7.jpg

Feb 20 6.jpg

Feb 20 5.jpg

Feb 20 4.jpg

Feb 20 2.jpg

Feb 20 3.jpg

Feb 20.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting matrix in the rocks you have.  Helpful hint #1.  Pull a rare earth super magnet (not a cheap cow magnet) on the rock and see if there is any pull.  If a light pull, then I am sure the rock has a light amount of iron mineral in it.  A rock with light pull usually has a softer signal response to detector.  If a hard strong pull to the magnet from rock, it means a really hot rock and quite a bit more iron in the stone.  These usually give a stronger response to the detector.

The rare earth super magnet is a small tool almost all good nugget hunters carry and most of us have them attached to our picks.  They are not 100% foolproof, but at least will give you a start.

If there is no pull whatsoever to the rock/magnet, then you possibly have something worth holding on to.

Yes, stop in my shop and I'll show you a variety of local gold and what they look like.  Be sure to set an appointment as the older I get the more I want to be in the field hunting Au.  And yes I have some of those magnets in my shop, as well as Apex picks.

• Like 2

Here is the 2 piles of ferrous and  - non-ferrous I checked with my magnet on my apex axe!IMG_20200215_170118367.thumb.jpg.5bb930780d1c783fc178922de94d6c39.jpg

I'm going to crush the ferrous for sure at some point and run through my blue bowl !

so the picture on the left is the Non-ferrous and on the right is the ferrous but I'm seeing to much good yellow stuff not to crush!  actually I will crush all but separately and run them separate just to see what comes out?

This was all found one day this week in about 4 hrs with my gold monster 1000 !

Thanks for any suggestions   sincerely Ray  " smaller pile is the non-ferrous"

IMG_20200215_170131138.jpg