Advice For Detecting A Creek

Jesse

So I finally got a metal detector it's on its way the equinox 800. I also ordered the 6-inch coil. I'm going to post a picture of a specimen of gold my cousin found, he found it while working on a little creek that was known for gold back in the day. He found it without a metal detector just basically by chance looking down and picking up a piece of quartz off the bedrock. I know exactly where it is so I'm going to go to that spot. My question is should I literally just detect the whole Creek? There's also tailings piles on that Creek as well should I hit everything like a madman? 

received_656129028468389.jpeg

• Like 3

Eventually rake down the tailing piles if small enough rock, and detect. Work any benches up on sides of creek and ravines feeding the creek.

• Like 3

Thanks guys! This coming weekend I'm heading there. I'm really excited because there's definitely gold there and I talked in depth with him and he told me exactly where he was so I'm pumped. I'm going to dig basically every target and the creek produced nuggets back in the day. It's that one creek by the green trees. 😂😂

• Like 1