My Self-made Rod

Xergix

After using equinox for a year and a half on the beach, I thought it was time to use it also in the mountains, if on the beach the original rod can be fine, in the mountains it is very uncomfortable, I thought of finding a way to reduce it, I had a photographic manfrotto with almost triangular rod, the upper part of the equinox electronics could adapt to the rod but the lower part did not, I looked for something at home that could replace the lower part, an easily foldable aluminum sheet and four knob screws obtained from connectors F for TV and brass screws, in order to easily detach it, the coil attachment and the shaft are of an ace250, the result can be seen in the photos, 570 mm long, easily transportable, it could have been done better but I don't have a 3d printer . Now I have two Nox800s, one for the beach and one for the mountain.

shaft nox 01.jpg

shaft nox 02.jpg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to My Self-made Rod

Pretty clever!  Maybe a photo of how the cuff is attached / adapted to the triangular tripod shaft?

Before i used the Deus and I could easily put it in my backpack,, when going to the mountains it is important to have your hands free, here are the other photos, you can see the section of the rod.

Rod nox 03.jpg

Rod nox 04.jpg

Rod nox 05.jpg

Rod nox 06.jpg

Rod nox 07.jpg

• Like 1