Bright Little Silver Coin

Finally got out to the beach, lot of wash but wanted to give my seahunter a run and try out the m2 headphones instead of the stock waterproof ones. M2's make a world of difference in the audio on that machine, can hear the target much better especially tiny targets with the discrim kicked up. Dug much less iron as I can tell better what I am hearing. Anyways not much there as the storms ripped the dunes down and the banks are 9-12' up where they used to be only a few feet. Besides the wash I got all excited and thought I found another trime but instead it was a 1951 netherlands 10 cent. Amazing how it held up next to the other coins I found in the area.

group.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

• Like 6

Nice finds and beautiful 10 cent piece.

Yes those newer coins don't hold up very good, the older the better.

I'm thinking the tiny silver must have been up in the dunes and washed down as there has been tons of erosion. Might take my Tejon out and hit the high sides just because there is so much iron and fencing it is hard to get through with a Pi.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find, Can't beat the feeling when you trip up on some silver. It brings back the childhood memories of pirate treasure and makes you want to head to the same area and hit it again in case you missed something. Hope you find some more!!!

• Like 1

Well...there’s one I’ve never seen before! Incredibly good detail on that silver, it would be interesting to know how it got there. Newer coinage? Salt? No bueno...shoot, they don’t even hold up for 10 years in my southern Wisconsin dirt! It’s really a shame and borderline embarrassing to see what our “coins” are made of. When plastic play money holds up better....that’s gotta be some kind of crime.

• Like 2

My guess on that is it has been sitting in the dunes nearby for good many years before washing down from the erosion. There was an old foundation starting to show on the beach that I never seen before. Might have been a bathhouse or changing room back in the 50's so it could have been protected there. In general purer silver holds up well even in the old farm fields unlike the copper and copper alloys that get roasted. Not too long before I found a Trime which is close in size. Really thought I had another.

• Like 1