February Gold Ring's.. (9)

Winter doesn't stop some people, and they're rewarded!

It looks like there's a message inside that one ring for the lucky finder.  "Last great act of defiance...."  😄

What is the 'U' token?

Your silver coin finds sure have taken a beating.  Is that just from the rocks in the surf working over decades?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Winter doesn't stop some people, and they're rewarded!

It looks like there's a message inside that one ring for the lucky finder.  "Last great act of defiance...."  😄

What is the 'U' token?

Your silver coin finds sure have taken a beating.  Is that just from the rocks in the surf working over decades?

Yes the Bay with it's saltwater and other pollutants eat away at them.

Very Correct on the 2 letter message, figured everyone would get a laugh out of that one..

Baltimore transit token, It was one of the best ways to get to these beach's in the day. I'm wondering if you lost your token, if you were able to get home? For I'm sure they did not sell the tokens at the beach's. Before my time but I do have a friend I can ask, I need to go visit him. 92 years old and has so many great stories. 

4 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kac said:

Think you can find the owner of the dogtag? Wonder how old that is?

Cool finds.

Thank you.........I don't think its a dog tag, more of a ID tag.? What you think? Rarely, do I take the time to track people down, if I find dog tags I have one friend that loves to return stuff. He's on me all of the time about this so much easier to hand it to him...

20200210_130717.jpg

• Like 1

Has the tooth groove on one end, I do believe it's a military dog tag. Maybe an Iraq war vet lost it?

• Like 1

Great hunts! It has been sanded in where I usually go, so I've taken a break from it. You worked hard to find an area that was still detectable, and it payed off.

• Like 1

I did a little digging, in Wichita there is an airforce base that was established in ww2.

https://www.sheppard.af.mil/Home/Welcome/

There seems to be 2 memorials out for Edwin E Estes, one a Sr other Jr. So my wild guess those tags might be Korean war? Possibly WW2. Thinking someone dumped an urn and tossed the tags in the ocean and you were kind enough to recover them :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1