February Gold Ring's.. (9)

11 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Your beaches/treasure holes give up an incredible amount of unusual and unending array of beautiful and unique pieces.  You are the right man in the right spot.  Do you ever cash in?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thank You. Rarely do I sell but it did sale some to pay for the ski and boat. Also I do send in my Silver every year. That covers the gas for travel and the repairs needed to the gear.

It did take me a few years to get use to hunting older beach's, so much different then modern beach's. Most of the beach's here closed in the late 60's early 70's so the treasure has had plenty of time to hide.  

• Like 3

Two hunts, taking advantage of the lower tides. First hunt 2 hours, water very rough, got gold and left. Too rough for me.

Day two 5 hours, almost turned around and left due to rough waters. Winds 23 mph NE winds, but decided to hunt in a protected area. Not as bad as it looked and after 3 hours I got two gold rings back to back. Crazy I was digging just about all targets, came across strange sounding null when I checked the target in Disc, after three scoops it sounded great but was still deeper. Got it out of the hole into the sifter..Gold ring more then 18 inchs down. 7.85 grams 14k..1921 class ring.........I check the rim of the hole, another target but junk. So really I started digging the target that was on the rim and did not realize I had dug it already and then heard the gold ring..which made it extra deep. Second gold was less then a foot away from the first, not as deep..maybe 12 inch's...10k..4 gram signet. Both rings were stained bad form being in the Bay waters many years. Gold Rings #21 #22 #23 for 2020

21D.jpg

21cc.jpg

21d.jpg

21c.jpg

21date.jpg

• Like 7

Oh my...I need to check the Jewelry forum more often.  Hats off to the S & G saves. 

• Like 1