Chris Ralph Youtube Prospecting Channel

For those of you more inclined to viewing instead of reading, Chris Ralph has put together an impressive collection of videos here. He is working hard at it adding a new video every week. Chris is very knowledgeable on various aspects of prospecting and mining with in-depth knowledge on geology. Take a few minutes and check it out.

Also check out Chris’ book, Fists Full of Gold

book-fists-full-of-gold.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks for the info Steve , never miss reading articles by Chris . Now I've got plenty of viewing . Going to a PMAV meeting tonight in the Golden Triangle and will inform the group in general business .

Cheers

goldrat 

• 5 months later...

Chris's videos ( and book ) are excellent, very kind of him to share his vast knowledge. Advise all to check out his videos and book.   

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Smithsgold
      Finding Placer Gold with a Metal Detector and a Breaker Bar 
      Armed with a Breaker Bar and a Minelab SDC 2300, a White's Gold Master V-Sat Jeff and Gary ( Two Toe's ) head back to the Gravel Bar to finish up the search for Placer Gold Nuggets !!!!!
      Jeff brings the Big Breaker Bar and it boulder moving time on the creek while Gary searchs the high and Low bench for those elusive Nuggets.
      See what the guys find with there Metal detectors while working the Bedrock crevices both High and low !!!!!
      SG 037 Thanks for watching

• By Jzconcepts
      Hello, my father lives in SW Utah and I would love to take him nugget shooting somewhere. He is 100% disabled from Vietnam and he can use the shovel as a cane for a while and I am usually his “digger” and pinpointer guy 🙂
      So I was hoping for some info on where I he and I could go nugget hunting, with my Orx in either Az or southern Utah, Nv.
      So we can plan a trip together (researching and reading will give him something to do) 🙂
      He doesn’t have many years left where he can even get around on his own, so any input would be great, thanks in advance
    • By KellycoDetectors
      When metal detecting, whether you are gold prospecting, relic hunting, or water hunting; it is easy to get discouraged. However, it’s important to know that you can better your results in metal detecting if you explore some of these best practices. I prefer to call it Smart Hunting!
      Find a Metal Detecting Location with Google Earth
      Use Google Earth to search your local area for new potential spots. Start off by branching out from where you live. Sometimes there are fields hidden in woods that you can’t see from a major street or road. Keep your eye out for clear stretches of land. You should be able to see the difference between a forest and a field.
      Organize Your Metal Detecting Leads
      If you see something that piques your interest, drop a pin. You can also make separate folders to organize your leads. Just make sure your privacy settings are enabled! You do not want to share your new potential locations right away!
      You can grab the Latitude and Longitude aka coordinates, from Google Maps. Make sure you have this information copied or saved in a separate area, as you will need it.
      Use Historical Aerials
      You may now use Historical Aerials to “peel back time” for your respective area. This website gives you access to many historical aerial photos that may help you refine the area you want to detect in.
      This is great if you are looking for things like old trails and swimming holes.
      If you are looking for old relics and coins then it may be best to look at an atlas for that area. For example, in NJ you can find free Atlases online that date back to the 1800s. All you have to do is search on google. Depending on the atlas you look at it may even show you old homesites, which is a fantastic clue.
      An example of a really great website for atlases is Historic Map Works.
      Research the Property Owner and Ask For Permission
      Once you have found your “prime” location, the next action is to obtain the permission of that area. It is important to always have the permission of the area in which you are detecting and most importantly, never to trespass.
      But, how does one find out who owns that property? Well, there are many ways to obtain information. For now, we will focus on the Smart Hunting aspect.
      There are tools online for each state in the US that allow you to pull up public tax assessment information. Remember when we said save your coordinates? Use the information discovered to build your strategy as you will be given contact information to aid you in your journey to permission.
      If the location in which you are Smart Hunting turns out to be a business, find the website to the company. Try to locate a “contact us” page to strengthen your efforts in getting the permission you are seeking. You may also attempt to create a “Waiver of Liability,” as businesses want to ensure you are not an insurance risk. Do not get discouraged if you get a no. I always try to play the “No” game. And that is how many “No’s” can you get before you get a yes. You will be surprised with your outcome!
      Sometimes if the property is owned by a private resident it will show their contact information. Again, I want to clarify that this is public information. You may choose to find them on social media or send them a well thought out handwritten letter. Why? Because people need to write more handwritten letters. You also have the option to show up at their home. If it is a farm, sometimes this works out as they often have farm stands. Go grab some juicy vegetables and talk yourself into some permission. Need some exercise? Maybe lend a helping hand on the farm! You never know of the doors that will open through the power of positivity.
      If you manage to gain permission, you now have your opportunity to put the Smart Hunting you did to work.
      You have now become a Detective Detectorist!
      Smart Hunting: Metal Detecting With Technology originally appeared on kellyco.com
    • By Smithsgold
      Moving Boulders to find Placer Gold 
      Moving Boulders to reach Bedrock Crevices to locate those Placer Gold Nuggets that are hiding just out of sight.
      Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) use a Come-along and a Breaker bar to move the boulders then check the bedrock crevices with a Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector.
      A Come-Along is a hand operated winch used to pull objects in this case Boulders !!
      SG 036

• By And
      Hello detector-prospector friends,
      I had the honor to interview the finder-family of the legendary "Ambrosha-Nugget", found 1983 in Sierra County, California.
      Enjoy!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 User Manual
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      GPX 6000 INTRODUCTION
      GPX 6000 Learn #1: What's In The Box - Unboxing of the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector. 
      GPX 6000 Learn #2: How To Set Up Your Detector - Learn how to set up the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #2.1: How To Charge the Battery - Learn how to charge the battery on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3: How To Get Started Quickly - Learn how to get started quickly with the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3.1: How to Adjust Volume & Backlight - Learn how to adjust the volume and backlight on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #4: How To Connect the Bluetooth Headphones - Learn how to connect the ML100 wireless headphones to the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5: Intelligent Automatic Operation - Learn how to reduce unwanted interference when the GPX 6000 is configured for intelligent automatic operation.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5.1: Automatic Sensitivity - Learn about Automatic Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #6: Coils - Learn about the three coil options for the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #7: Double-D EMI Noise Cancel - Learn how to perform a Double-D EMI Noise Cancel on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #8: Advanced Ground Balance - Learn about advanced Ground Balance on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #9: Using Manual Sensitivity - Learn how to adjust Manual Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #10: Turning the Threshold Tone On / Off - Learn how to turn the Threshold Tone on and off on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      Source: https://www.minelab.com/usa/LearnGPX6000