A "mcleod" Is Hard To Beat...

OK so it came and it is very heavy duty. Question: what would be the best way to attach magnets to it like an Apex tool has?

I see they weld on small rings and put the neodymium magnets inside them,  but what is holding the magnet, epoxy? They are just stuck in there by their own attraction are they?

A3BDBE8B-3C92-4C43-B5D8-79D3DC043086.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GotAU? said:

what is holding the magnet,

Neodymium magnets  will stay by themselves just fine inside a metal ring. There is a magnet sales company that will sell direct. I think they are called something simple like Magnets Dot Com.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, klunker said:

Neodymium magnets  will stay by themselves just fine inside a metal ring. There is a magnet sales company that will sell direct. I think they are called something simple like Magnets Dot Com.

Thanks! Now looking at Apex pick closer, I see how the gap in the ring allows one to remove or replace the magnet from it.  Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to welding some rings onto it to make it work with magnets.Well, those things aren’t going to come out! I think this is going to work well.

CEDE7C53-9CA0-4725-A071-08D82D173BAF.jpeg2DED4789-9632-42EE-8544-9618529ECD0C.jpeg.4156dd5d71205c650e8a767ee152d225.jpeg

21E14687-7FFD-4FDD-935E-65DE50F5B647.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Finally got around to welding some rings onto it to make it work with magnets.Well, those things aren’t going to come out! I think this is going to work well.

That looks really good.  That should last you a lifetime.