Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Video - Detecting With The MDT 8000 In All Metal Mode

French speaking with english subtitles.

Nice finds but wish he showed more of the detector in action.

• Like 1

Man how would you like to work that area.   Or better yet if that a swimming are there are a LOT of things to stub a toe on.    How about that spade?   absolutely the right tool for the job.   He got some nice stuff....... very unusual plastic over SS ring.... ive not seen one of those.   BUT...... ive heard they are making solid plastic like ones now that are getting popular.  Thanks for the video Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Coilpower
      Photo taken last year of cleaned and preserved military buttons from 12th Regiment in NZ Land Wars 1860s using Treborius preservation wax.
      This was when I was getting started with the Tarsacci.  As I was far more familiar with the XP Deus, it found the majority of these, but then when I thought I had cleaned out my gridded patch, I swapped to the Tarsacci and found about another 6 at greater depths in highly mineralised soil.
      It is a crying shame finding these in such condition.....deteriorated from age, fertilisers, lime, animal urine and soil minerals.

• By Coilpower
      The day ended up too hot for man nor beast and my hunting buddy and I ended up in the water to cool off. We havent had rain since 1st week of December so relic hunting in dirt is out!!!!  The spot we went to was mixture of Black Iron sand, quartz sand and rocks I had to turn over. Iron and nails were in abundant supply but we will revisit here in cooler weather. I suspect people in the past with PI machines have snuck into this spot guaging by the mixed dates of targets found so the finds we were after were not as plentiful as they should have been , however I was happy with what I got and the performance of unit in hard hunting conditions.  Photo includes the trash before sussing out cherry picking.
      Jews harp (broken unfortunately) , musket/pistol ball, 1889 UK penny, Nz pennies 1961,1946, bent apostle reaspoon, button from S.W.Silver &Co, London clothiers, oarlock.....which looks old but I cannot date, square nails which straight away tells me 1800s site and etc.

• By Coilpower
      Coins, bits, fishing sinkers and half a ring from beach last week in NZ. We have new 10, 20 and 50 cent cupro nickle coins which just degrade and rust in the sea salt or even the soil. The bad ones I just put between a cloth and a few whacks with a hammer to get the crud off, either rotary tumble with malt vinegar and salt or if Im feeling vicious.....into a container of CLR (calcium, lime and rust remover), then a container of water, finaly container of baking soda and water. Banks here will only accept coins that are recognizable.....no matter the colour, as in rotary tumbling I plonk the 10c cupro copper with "silver" 20 and 50's and they all come out a pretty pink! Only advantage of cupro nickle is they are magnetic.......using a 120kg pull neodymium is interesting fun !!!!!! However, what the photo does say is they were deep and bèen in the sand a long time.....and that is from a beach which is constantly detected by others.

• By Coilpower
      To correct rumours floating around, there are NO Tarsacci agents in NZ. As I was the first to bring the Tarsacci into NZ early 2019, I feel confident enough with my hours on this unit to offer any help to end users in understanding and using this detector. I am not associated with the company, but my passion for detecting and honesty of feedback was appreciated …..hence the later development and arrival of the NZ specific Coil designed for our black sand conditions, but it also does exceptionally well on our east coast quartz sand beaches, mud and mineralised dirt too.
      The following is a recent cut and paste from this forum which I took as a personal slur whether the writer intended it to be so or not. The link he provided is to an article I wrote in June 2019, yet in January 2020  and as a fellow Kiwi who belongs to that same NZ forum as myself, it raises questions as to the intent of his comment. I would have expected a call to the horse’s mouth, so I say to you…..you can bag the “guy”.....but not the lady! I “promote” by way of letting interested readers “aware” of ANY NEW detector or new technology irrespective of the manufacturer.  These are exciting years as MENSA brains are aplenty so the bar is getting pushed higher by demand and design and whilst I am able to do 6 hour stints, I’m making the most of it with whatever detector does the job I use it for.
      “Some guy went on a NZ prospecting forum and tried to promote them saying they've made a special coil for NZ conditions for the detector which put a bad taste in my mouth knowing it was a lie.  Not sure if he's associated with them or not, I hope not.

https://community.paydirt.co.nz/t/tarsacci-mdt-8000-with-new-specific-nz-coil-release/3826”

OK, on a lighter note, Phrunt has also shown you photos of our famous Titanomagnetic black sand. The composition of this magnetic sand is made up of 82% magnetite, 8% Iron Oxide, 8% Titanium, Silica, Manganese, Vanadium, and Phosphorous.
      It originates off the west coast of NZ at Taranaki, and this black iron ore sand is smelted at the Glenbrook Steel Mill and exported overseas. Concentrations of iron vary up and down the west coast…. 3rd degree burns on barefeet have been heard of in the heat of Summer!
      You can all appreciate the challenge for ANY detector in these conditions. Just forget a VLF, a Pulse Induction will cope but it can be hard going. The NZ specific coil on the Tarsacci MDT8000 has only been up against a Tesoro Sand Shark, Sea Hunter Mk2, and GPX5000 so far in this black sand and found targets the other 3 failed on. Don’t get me wrong, the unit is not the holy grail…...It will still overload in places  but the settings can be manipulated to gain success and a quiet unit…..and yes I have found rings…..albeit had to be quick and deep with the scoop as parts of the black beach has like liquefaction sand so the hole fills in nearly instantly.
      My apologies if this post is rather verbose, but I needed to address and clarify some points. I see Steve H. raised his eyebrows at a guy claiming the unit cost over $4000…...and rightly so. Cost is USD $1495 plus freight which still doesn’t convert to NZD $4000…….even on the worst exchange rate plus duty etc. Just think he was trying to put people off buying!
    • By Carolina
      I purchased my Tarsacci in February of 2019. It is # 000029 R1. Does anyone else care to share their information? If you are a salt water hunter I recommend this detector to all. It’s negative side for me is no additional coils are available and the 8” x 11” just seems small out of the water. This is only my opinion.
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      This will be where I will post information.  I will try and answer any questions I can about detector.  Other folks who have experience with detector and wish to join in, by all means do so.
      Should have detector today sometime.  Thought I would get this thread started to save time later.  I will only be using Tarsacci on turf, not salt water/sand application.
      I may do some testing on freshwater beach due to lower minerals present.
      Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Reviews