Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

Golden Crucifix

That's a Beautiful Gold Cross! Very Popular I've noticed to sell, would bring way more then melt. A Keeper it would be for me..Very NIce!

Nice finds!  Seems weird for a clasp to be high quality gold and the remainder be plated/etc.  I'm betting the crucifix is a precious metal.

What is the white (silver?) coin above and slightly to the right of the East Africa coin?

I gotta say you beach & water hunters have it a lot more difficult than we dry land park/school detectorists, in so many ways.  But also seems like you get rewarded more significantly for your efforts.

• Like 1

Saw a cross just like that right before Christmas at Kays jewelers and it was 2 toned gold. The diamonds were a nice touch and I am betting that you have a 14 k cross all the way around.

Great finds keep up the good work and what was the other ring.

10 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Saw a cross just like that right before Christmas at Kays jewelers and it was 2 toned gold. The diamonds were a nice touch and I am betting that you have a 14 k cross all the way around.

Great finds keep up the good work and what was the other ring.

I did a reverse image search and didn't come up with a match with the wired area on the top end of the cross.  I didn't have to clean it.  Most religious pieces I find especially Catholic seem to be on the modest gold content.  This one is not solid but I think that makes it more wearable.

The other ring is junk.  It is some type of corroded pot metal with flashy little glass 'stones' with reflectors behind the glass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice finds!  Seems weird for a clasp to be high quality gold and the remainder be plated/etc.  I'm betting the crucifix is a precious metal.

I think you are right.  I've looked at it closely and it has precious metal and a bit of craftsmanship written on it.

What is the white (silver?) coin above and slightly to the right of the East Africa coin?

That is one of the 5 dollar coins.

I gotta say you beach & water hunters have it a lot more difficult than we dry land park/school detectorists, in so many ways.  But also seems like you get rewarded more significantly for your efforts.

I hunt areas available to me and I live half a mile from the beach.  If I didn't go detecting I might not see the beach!  haha

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Amazing what a week of the wrong direction winds can do. Keeping tides very high and pushing sand in...Not Good. But luck was with me the last two hunts and I was able to get into a small section out in the middle of no where and dig some treasures. Four Gold rings and eight silvers.

• By BeachHunter
      Was pounding sand at the local beach and at the end of my hunt I scored a beautiful Tiffany & Co. PT950 wedding band.
      I’m super happy about this find. Thanks for looking!

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all was was away in Vietnam for 3 weeks weeks eating and discovering the country but the crave for beach combing pushed me to schedule all my shifts straight at work then head to the coast.
      A Strom is battering the UK at the moment but i wasn't really interested in that i had my eyes on a beach which i think has been ignore for a while......not a really good access as the road isn't maintained and i dont have a 4x4 so i need to be careful if i dont want to leave most of my car there😅

So i took my  nox which i swap for my CTX in January and headed to the spot at 5 am.

Signals started straight away with big lump of brass, then i started to pick up fishing weight one after another then i hit Gold with this nice 9ct 4.45gr alas 9ct.....😪

Then few holes later my DIY unbreakable shaft broke but i brought a super dupa spade so i headed to the car and after a water refill(Was sweating despite the strong winds and low temp) i carried for another 2 hours finding the biggest anti aircraft shrapnells i ever found ,imagine been hit by that.The fishing weight are apparently 70/80s.....and the deus shaft you see on the picture of the broken shaft was actually the one i put inside to reinforce 
      Anyway please find the result in picture,i think that that beach has much to offer will try to do another or two long session with the Nox then i will hit it with the PI.....if i succeed it will means 1 thing...my tenacity has paid off or maybe i am just getting to know the beaches better..............

Enjoy

RR

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      During the winter here in the Chesapeake bay my main goal is to watch for the best conditions, then try put and myself in the right location to find gold. I seen a Opp coming Monday mornings lowtide,  No  winds and calm water. Perfect conditions and I knew where to go, a spot that has been very good to me since July 2019. First target of the day a Nice 14k cigar band, 45 minutes later gold ring number two for the day. A Victorian ladies gold ring, no fineness mark. Ring was badly stained. Third and final gold came as water was starting to get rough. Cutting across in the water and headed in I got a strong signal, two scoops and out came a badly stained gold band. Unmarked / No fineness mark which is very common for this beach since it opened in the 1880's.  Not many targets this hunt, 3 gold rings, 2 coins, several sinkers and a few pieces of brass in a little over 3.5 hours.  Water temps are now in the low 40's, a month from now should really be some great hunting with constant lowtides and NW winds......water will be in the lower 30's but I can do about 4 good hours with my drysuit setup....Thanks for looking...Joe

• By dewcon4414
      Thought id post my finds from Jan.    Dec was a bust for me ... just one gold which was odd compared to other years.   Normally Oct, Nov or Dec id have one good month with a high count of gold.   Could be the cooler weather.... because its not been warm enough for people to want to get in the water.    Some good stuff to test a machine on...... tiny earring,  that 18K ..... size 2 small ring, and the open peace ring.   I seem to be dialing in pretty good on what a target is now.    To me in AM almost no iffy targets...... weak but i can tell its a target over just a mineral pop which is very fast... but might be longer on other machines giving that iffy signal.   Running so hot i get a lot more jumpy digits.... you almost have to hold the detector on the target with a brief wiggle.   But im more concerned about is it a tone lower than a high tone.   DEEP pulls ..... say in the 8" range often upscale .... as high as 26 digit... a quarter reads 21.    Iron on the surface or big iron can wrap around ...... 27 to 30ish.   In all honesty i could pass most high pings.    Ive only seen one ring come in at 12..... a penny reads 13 air testing.  Most machines on a cross or a broken ring like that peace ring might have a broken tone.   Not on this machine in AM...... them may sound smaller.

• By mn90403
      Today I had a chance to go out to the beach for a 2 hour afternoon hunt using the 3030 while I wait on my bracket piece from Minelab.  Thank you Minelab.  
      Lately I've been working the same beaches which have not been producing much in the way of coin or jewelry finds this month.  We've had a bit of energy in some waves but the intervals have been so great that there is no grouping of objects so the beaches are hard to read.  When I started I was finding nothing for a few hundred yards and then I got a hit.  It was some larger steel trash that I didn't save but I started circling around that and found some of the pieces below.  I still had not found a coin.

Just because there was something and it was deep I decided to grid mostly because there were no other clues.  I doubled my lines up and down across the black sand line and I managed a couple of quarters and the button below the ring.  Then I got the key which sounded like a penny.  Then the deeper steel parts because they were sounding scratchy.  The flattened bottle caps were in there too but at least they were something.
      During this time an older white guy who looked like a tourist tried to stop me and ask me what the best thing I ever found was.  I kinda looked and pointed at my headphones and kept gridding my beach.  I didn't want to be bothered.  He was not very pleased with me but what could I do?
      Then I got the high pitch you always love with a 3030 and thought it was another quarter until I looked down into the scoop.  Silver I hoped and a honker at that.  It felt heavy but not solid ... maybe a biker's ring?  I didn't know.

It does say .925 but I can't make out the other mark and this picture I have of the backside doesn't capture it either.  It weighs just over a half ounce!  It fits although I could size it easily because it has a crack.  Most of the red is gone.  I've looked on the internet and found the same shield design on a stainless steel costume ring but this one is silver.

I continued to grid this section of beach for another 30 minutes and picked up the piece of pipe and another couple of quarters before a group of 5 guys came walking by.  These are normally the type you don't want to tell anything to when you are on the beach alone.  I would have ignored them if it was at night but this one black guy (I use these descriptions just so you know the total story) about 30 asked me what the best thing I ever found was.  I lowered my headphones and I said "Since you asked, I'll show you something."  I reached into my Minelab pouch and pulled out this ring and his eyes went BIG.  Ah ... it was great.  His buddies who were local Mexican and black guys too came over and said 'Hey dude, you got a Templar, way to go!'  I've got this ring in my hand and the guy who asked me about it reaches down to take it from me to look at it but I'm not letting it go.  haha  He gave it a tug and then understood I was showing it, I wasn't letting him handle it.  He and his buddies went walking down the beach with a nice laugh.  I don't think these guys will ever pick up a metal detector.
      Before I left the beach the first guy who asked me about my finds came walking back and I thought ... I'll show him the ring too.  Well, once burned, twice shy, he didn't look at me.  I wanted to run after him and tell him I was detecting my pattern when I saw him before and couldn't talk but he was gone down the beach.  It was a good afternoon.
      Can someone give me their ideas about this ring?
      Mitchel