Golden Crucifix

mn90403

Nice finds!  Seems weird for a clasp to be high quality gold and the remainder be plated/etc.  I'm betting the crucifix is a precious metal.

What is the white (silver?) coin above and slightly to the right of the East Africa coin?

I gotta say you beach & water hunters have it a lot more difficult than we dry land park/school detectorists, in so many ways.  But also seems like you get rewarded more significantly for your efforts.

• Like 1

Saw a cross just like that right before Christmas at Kays jewelers and it was 2 toned gold. The diamonds were a nice touch and I am betting that you have a 14 k cross all the way around.

Great finds keep up the good work and what was the other ring.

10 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Saw a cross just like that right before Christmas at Kays jewelers and it was 2 toned gold. The diamonds were a nice touch and I am betting that you have a 14 k cross all the way around.

Great finds keep up the good work and what was the other ring.

I did a reverse image search and didn't come up with a match with the wired area on the top end of the cross.  I didn't have to clean it.  Most religious pieces I find especially Catholic seem to be on the modest gold content.  This one is not solid but I think that makes it more wearable.

The other ring is junk.  It is some type of corroded pot metal with flashy little glass 'stones' with reflectors behind the glass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice finds!  Seems weird for a clasp to be high quality gold and the remainder be plated/etc.  I'm betting the crucifix is a precious metal.

I think you are right.  I've looked at it closely and it has precious metal and a bit of craftsmanship written on it.

What is the white (silver?) coin above and slightly to the right of the East Africa coin?

That is one of the 5 dollar coins.

I gotta say you beach & water hunters have it a lot more difficult than we dry land park/school detectorists, in so many ways.  But also seems like you get rewarded more significantly for your efforts.

I hunt areas available to me and I live half a mile from the beach.  If I didn't go detecting I might not see the beach!  haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful cross.  Looks to be white gold and yellow gold....what tone was it or ID#?  I've saved a couple gold rings with white and yellow,  a white/yellow money clip and my hunting partner was with me in MX and dug a white gold wristband with yellow gold as well.  The diamonds are way cool too.