Modified GPX 4500 Question ?

Greetings from the UK to all you fellow hunters from a newbie  to the GPX  4500 and this site , i have a question i recently i acquired a Gpx 4500 and it has a modification on the control panel which i am not sure about could somebody tell me what this is ? as you can see in the picture it says Gain + and L.S.M three position switch what is this and how do you use it and who would have modified it if known ? my hunting will be 99% on  wet beach sand  had an SD 2200D way back which was awesome on the beach so GPX should be no exception. Any help and advice will be very much appreciated and any advice on a beach set up would be good as i not tried her out yet many thanks .

100_8270.JPG

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Someone who's used one might be able to tell you, NuggetHunter NZ on this forum is a big fan of Woody's Mods so when he see's your thread he'll let you know I'm sure how to use them.  If he doesn't see it just private message him.

From what I understand you have an extra front end gain with the gain knob and three timing positions with that L.S.M switch, not sure what they are.  Surprisingly there isn't a whole lot of information about it available online from what I've seen. 

I never did get a mod done on mine, I was very interested and saw a modded one come up for sale locally once but never went for it.  There was just a lack of good information about it and not enough people talking about their success with it for me to bite.

The GPX 4500 mods cost $2200 AUD so they're not cheap.

Thanks for your input we see what others may be able to tell me about this, I bought it to use on my beaches here in N.Wales UK so need to know correct setup with this mod. 

• 1 year later...

Here are Woody's instructions

Interpretation for L.S.M.

The L would be 'long pulses" or D for deep Targets

S / short pulse detection/ shallow targets..small gold 

M is medium or general.

He says to always start the detector in the s position...then go from there 

20210304_104109.jpg

20210304_104101.jpg

• Thanks 1