No More Broken Arm Cuffs

okara gold

Broke my Nox arm cuff the other day. I got ahold of a new one and modified it so it is now stronger than ever. I took a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe, ( just the right width! ), cut it to the width of the cuff and just below where the strap openings are. Did a little sanding to "round" off the edges and attached it with industrial 3M two face tape to the cuff. Then put the black cushion rubber on top. I have used it about 6 hours now of constant swinging and it is rock solid. $1.98 for the PVC and a little modification. We'll see how it holds up. 

armcuff minelab.jpeg

armcuff2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Really nice job, OkaraGold.  That looks terrific, and strong, too...

Steve

Hey steveg… I appreciate your earlier information on a new cuff but as you can see I tried a do-it-yourself fix. Thanks for the great CF shaft. Also...  The P.O. is still looking for the missing counter weight. I guess when "it" freezes over the weight might be found. LOL Thanks Bob K

• Like 1

Forget about the pooch!, I'm looking at the stoneware crock!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, okara gold said:

Hey steveg… I appreciate your earlier information on a new cuff but as you can see I tried a do-it-yourself fix. Thanks for the great CF shaft. Also...  The P.O. is still looking for the missing counter weight. I guess when "it" freezes over the weight might be found. LOL Thanks Bob K

Bob -- that is just unbelievable!  LOL!  I am sure they are diligently at work, searching for it...a year later...  LOL!

(Meanwhile, glad you are still enjoying the shaft!)

Steve