Got The Nokta Fors CoRe Yesterday....

Chris at AZO set me up with a Fors CoRe yesterday. Been eyeing one for a while. I took it out for a spin today. First, to a local modern park just to get familiar with it then to a 1870s era ghost town that is so trashy that it's hard to find a spot to ground balance. I am very impressed with it's recovery speed/target separation. It hits super hard on coins and really "locks" in on them leaving little doubt that there is a coin under the coil. I know I'm a late comer to the Nokta Fors party and everyone already knows all this so I'll just show the goodies I found today on the CoRe's maiden run...

post-702-0-44838900-1440131044_thumb.jpg

The coins are all modern and most were found in the park. The shell casings are .30WCF. Notice one has been pounded flat and the end folded over. It's got something in it as it rattles when I shake it. The casings and the little copper things near the casings were found in the ghost town. Looking forward to giving it a spin in the gold fields. HH

Dean

• Like 1

Congrats Dean, looks like you and that machine are a good match So Things are Only going to get Better. You have picked a Good machine and theres a lot of folk buying them and The Company does listen to The Owners which is good because they will work with you and that's A lesson the Big 4 could Learn from,

Well Done mate,, John

Cool good luck with it, I'm like you and waiting to get it out into the goldfields as well! What was in the folded shell?

What John said.

The Core and the Gold are the same machine except that the Core has an additional "timing" called "conductive ground" that allows for hunting places with heavily mineralised soil, salt (beach), salt sand both for the same price. So, the Core is a better deal as you get an extra timing.

• Like 1

Not standard. The standard coil is something like 11"x7" DD. The "pro pack" comes with three coils...the 11x7, 15x11, and a 5.5" or something close to those measurements.

What John said.

The Core and the Gold are the same machine except that the Core has an additional "timing" called "conductive ground" that allows for hunting places with heavily mineralised soil, salt (beach), salt sand both for the same price. So, the Core is a better deal as you get an extra timing.

I kept the CoRe for this very reason. I figure it is better able to handle salt ground common in Nevada http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/531-difference-between-nokta-fors-gold-and-fors-core/