Gold Kruzer Disc & Tone Break, Micro Mode

I got another Gold Kruzer to lake hunt. Still cold and snow in northern MI. 

The first Gold Kruzer I had I used disc at 6 and set tone break at 22. In Micro mode it was noisy but worked ok. I thought it was just a noisy mode. I was playing with it in the house and with disc raised to 22 the Gold Kruzer ran quiet in Micro mode. Why is that?

With disc 0 and tone break 22 very noisy. With disc raised to 22 quiet. Will it go deeper and separate better with disc at 0-6. Or no difference except noise or no noise. Haven't tested it yet.

I'll probably run disc at 22 and set tone break at 44. Low tone for small gold and high tone for bigger gold.

• Like 3

Hi Rick,

Congrats on another round with the Gold Kruzer.   I'm waiting for it to warm up here as well.  Been too cold for my bones so far this winter.   Susposed to be a bit warmer this Sunday but I've already got a date with a different model. 

I made the mistake of running my disc to high, at 40, in Micro.   I'll try your 22 setting next time and see how I do.   

Good luck.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Disc at 22 is nail setting. Just in the house with air and iron tests I don't see any difference with disc at 22 or disc at 0 with tone break at 22.

I'll be using the 9.5x5 dd coil this summer.

Hope you can get out Sunday.

Rick

• Like 1

I had a Makro Gold Kruzer for awhile. I really liked it but.................the small details on the left of the really nice display, the hard to get used to button sequences and the small closely spaced buttons, especially the ground balance button and pinpoint button on top of each other drove me crazy.

I remember putting my tone break at 25 or so and running discrimination up to 20 in Micro to take care of low frequency EMI and especially ground noise in my moderate to highly mineralized dirt. It made for a much more pleasant detecting experience in Micro mode which could seriously hunt that micro jewelry. It hit targets I couldn't believe.

I am one of the few that actually would have liked some form of two tone audio in the Fast and Boost modes. 

Really nice detector.

Jeff

Jeff,   There are a couple of things I'd like to see added.....I'd like to see a notch feature in Micro mode. and I'd also would like a two tone in Fast and Boost only I want to keep the VCO and add a solid high tone for the high conductive range.  

On my last trip out with it I switched over from Micro to Boost and I really enjoyed the boosted VCO audio, however I would have liked a little more audio intelligence.   Just give me a tone break between VCO and a High tone where I could keep the VCO in play for everything below the tone break and a high tone for everything above the tone break.   I could use the Disc and Tone break point to adjust the size of my VCO window yet keep awareness of things that hit outside my desired target range.

Also want 20" x 4" DD coil for it.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Mike,

I didn't realize the boost mode goes deeper in air tests and hits harder on gold than Micro mode. My test coins I liked Micro mode better but I'm switching to Boost mode this summer for gold...Thank you

• Like 1

Also noticed with deep mode, targets got better hits with a slow sweep.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gold Kruzer is quite a powerful detector. I'll be hunting freshwater lakes in deep mode with the 9.5x5 dd coil and will hip mount it for easy hunting in the water.

I'm surprised the Gold Kruzer goes deep being a gold detector. Is the 24k as good in depth?

Hi Rick,

I posted an outdoor air test comparison in the Metal Detector Comparison forum which includes the Gold Kruzer and 24K.

Jeff

Great report on the detectors.

Thank you