By Joe Beechnut OBN
Final Modified Version of my Excalibur. Was able to silence the machine in rough waters by removing all of the knobs except one which ..and it is sealed from the saltwater by a o-ring and custom easy, fine tune knob. Stability is very good close to shore where water is smacking the control pod and the coil wire... I do need to get a shorter Allen set screw for the sealed on/off threshold knob I made...but for now the allen is coated with aquaseal and the internal shaft on the pot has a plastic cover to break contact with the SS knob shaft. Not real happy about the toggle on the handle which is used to go between PP and disc. But I had a bad batch of the IP68 yellow momentary push buttons ..... had two fail on me.... I was right in the middle of a good hunt and had one go out on me..so I pulled it out and chopped it off to finish the hunt., got home and made more changes to the excal. Hopefully in the future they can get better quality switches.
And special Thanks to Steve detector rods for rushing a few of the cam locks for the lower shaft..., so much easier adjusting the coil for the hunt, which is a very important part of coil control and Pin pointing the target.....
Picture of the hunt I was in the middle of and the yellow IP68 button went on me.. I can not stand to hunt in disc, which was the mod it was stuck in..chop-chop and all was good..
I've been a couple times diving in two different spots the last week and cause of a ton of new sand, working at a deeper area, less pounded by the most of the army.
As usual, my camera was out of service in the moment of glory and there's no footage as I left It once and discharged another time😤...
Aniway, two fishes for the week...Too bad...trust me😑
Both 18k bands
After the good new I realized when tested a few days ago my machine after It drowned and I've succesfully reanimated It....
Now the horrible gasket Is fighting to stay out of the housing against any kind of attempt😒.
So I'm in the middle of a headache manutention session with scarce results.
That's the Mood guys😑
New spot inspection last week and happened a lucky strike due to the super sanded in condition even with unusual beach appearance...
Few seconds of a three hours session, otherwise useless dive between fresh foil at depth and heavier stuff way too far from shore...Ass hit for me this time...🤣🤣🤣
Hey I'm looking for some advice from excalibur owners on how to proceed here.
I picked this up for $150, the knobs and lower shaft were broken. I ordered and installed anderson knobs which seem like they are going to work great. The dive shaft is on it right now but I'll get a new shaft here soon.
The most obvious fix I need help with is the wires.
The battery seems to be working fine for now, we will see once I get out on the beach.
All of the connections look in good shape too.
Let me know what yall think I should do to get this puppy back up to par.