Cal_cobra Meets An Indian Princess On The Spanish Trail

Cal_Cobra

Hi Gerry,

Digging nuggets in MX, brother you are living the dream!  I'm working on the dream, but first I have to retire, working this hi-tech gig to make it happen so I can get unfettered swing time!

I am loving the Equinox, some machines you just click with, and some you don't.  The Equinox has been good to me, yet I still have plenty to learn about it, so there's plenty of room to grow.  Not that I have any desire to replace the Equinox, but I cannot wait to see what the next generation of M-IQ technology will bring to the table, it's only going to get better.

Thanks for taking a look at my video, it was an incredible hunt at a site that my hunt partner has written off as "worked out" and has no desire to return to.  For some odd reason, I've always enjoyed this site.  It's a site that we found with hard earned research, don't think it had ever been detected before we tried it, and for California it's almost as early as they get, yet not even a footnote in the history books.  I've managed to amas quite a collection of coins and relics from this site, a Spanish 2 reale from the 1700's, a tiny 1/4 silver Spanish reale (it's about the diameter of a No. 2 pencil eraser), a couple of early 1800's copper fraction reales, over two dozen seated liberty half dimes, dimes and a quarter, a few IHPs, and now this 1856 $1 gold coin. Pretty much everything you dig there is old, once and a blue moon a clad coin or old school pull-tab gets unearthed, but not many.  Relics have been amazing at that site as well, no buckles yet, but CW and earlier military buttons abound, five coveted Phoenix buttons thus far, pewter buttons and eating implements, gold gilt flat buttons, you name it, all kinds of interesting buttons.  Trade silver, Spanish religious pendants, trade jewelry, a large variety of relics really bring the history of this site to life.  The gold coin has been ten years in the making since we first detected this site.  It's not close to home, so I get to hit it once a year or so when travel takes me to that area (business trips are a good excuse for extended side excursions!).   I know there's more there, it's just a matter of digging all conductors at this point, heck some would even say dig all the iron as well, which invariably you somewhat do, at least larger iron as tools and larger pieces of dense iron tend to ring in @ TID 13, and that wonderful flat rusty tin that came in ration cans can high tone pretty good, man I really hate that stuff, find a machine immune to that and I'll be the first one to buy it!  That said the EQ800 has done an incredible job of bringing the place back to life, never in a million years would I have expected to find a seated dime/half-dime cache of 14 coins in a patch of earth that Tom and I have been over dozens of times with a variety of top of the line detectors, let alone a rare gold coin.  I did always tell Tom that given the history of the place, and length of time it was in use, that there had to be a gold coin there some place, and low and behold it was so.  i wouldn't be a bit surprised if there's another one hiding out there, it would be incredible to find an Escudo there, but those are as rare as hens teeth in California. 

Congrats to you and your brother on your recent haul, EPIC finds indeed :biggrin:

GL&HH,
Brian

• Like 1