The 7000 Ferrite - Something Different

G'day all

I can't get out this weekend so I was wondering if there would be someone out there silly enough to give this a go. I was wondering what would happen if you taped the ferret in between the coil and skidplate. I have a small piece if foam there now to dull the noise (as per JP's advice) which does work well.

Wondering what would happen if the ferret was there the whole time when detecting ????

Thoughts ????

Cheers

BB

At least if it is in the coil I can't lose the bloody thing ... apparently they are hard to get :o

The way Minelab are going the touted upgrades for the Zed will be a bunch of coloured rings - the red one is for ground that has a bit of salt and maybe a touch of iron (eg the whole of Western Australian), the green you only use if there has been more than an inch of rain, the purple one is for when you are feeling sad etc etc

Cheers

BB

• Like 2

Ferrets are illegal in California. Like dredges they are everywhere but most folks swear they are just funny looking cats (the ferrets not the dredges).

The State goombahs look the other way if you swear it's a funny looking cat but I'm betting if you taped one to your coil the ferret lovers would come out of the ferret closet and try to have you arrested.

Here in Arizona ferrets are legal and thus scarce. We usually just tape Kangaroo Rats to our coils but the Minelab junkies make fun if you don't have an official Minelab ferret.

I'm not sure there is any difference between the official Minelab ferret and the non-official funny cat looking ferrets. I don't have either a Minelab or a ferrret so I can't give any first hand ferret experience.

I use a Bounty Hunter hooked up with litz wire to my dowsing rod and the Kangaroo Rat works just fine. YMMV.

• Like 2

Ferrets are illegal in California. Like dredges they are everywhere but most folks swear they are just funny looking cats (the ferrets not the dredges).

The State goombahs look the other way if you swear it's a funny looking cat but I'm betting if you taped one to your coil the ferret lovers would come out of the ferret closet and try to have you arrested.

Here in Arizona ferrets are legal and thus scarce. We usually just tape Kangaroo Rats to our coils but the Minelab junkies make fun if you don't have an official Minelab ferret.

I'm not sure there is any difference between the official Minelab ferret and the non-official funny cat looking ferrets. I don't have either a Minelab or a ferrret so I can't give any first hand ferret experience.

I use a Bounty Hunter hooked up with litz wire to my dowsing rod and the Kangaroo Rat works just fine. YMMV.

You must have found BorderBoys stash!!!!

You must have found BorderBoys stash!!!!

I wish! I could use a relaxing moment.

It's been a very long few weeks Paul. It's our busiest time of year and I'm already beat. I hear there's going to be another week more fun than this one before the magic Sept. 1 date.

Spent most of the day on the phone explaining to mining execs, that make 10 times what I do, where to sign their name and what the date is. The price goes up the third time they call with the same question that's already covered in detail in writing. Good thing they have plenty of money. I'm thinking there is a correlation between aixelsyd dyslexia and successful mining executives?

I saw this post and all the stupid funny bottled up over the past few weeks just bubbled out. No offense intended but I find ferrets and tape almost as funny as monkeys and barrels.

Say HEY! to BB next time you talk. Tell him if he's nice I'll loan him my Kangaroo Rat. :ph34r:

Barry

• Like 2

I got a nice note from Minelab this morning explaining that taping the ferrite ring to the coil is not a good idea.

"This is not recommended and will degrade detector performance.

1. The ZVT signal processing needs to combine the ferrite signal with the ground signal only for a short period of time during the ground balancing process, not as tracking continues in the background after the Quick-Trak operation is completed

2. Taping the ferrite to the coil will cause the ferrite signal not to be properly sensed because it will be moving in conjunction with the coil. The coil needs to move across the ferrite with the ferrite stationary for best results."

• Like 2