Touch Screen Scratch Testing

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Should be possible but expensive. My guess for any descent size screen will boost the cost of the machine quite a bit.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:54 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

I’ll post link here.  Folks can comment if they wish.  Saves me time by not posting in detail on all forums.  I like this forum very much.  Hope I am not breaking rules here or am not upsetting anyone.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,173272

There is at least one color touch screen metal detector on the market. The Ground EFX MX400. It can turn off the color option to save battery life. It also has a pretty nice pinpoint trigger and GPS. Not a bad machine for $400 or less. The MX300 I think is a touch screen and GPS as well, but no color LCD. 

68A59498-F2E6-4D49-B0C6-A28F00E9AFAC-1493-000000614A3D5BE5.jpeg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Touch Screen Scratch Testing

GREAT TOPIC    But a touch screen I think would be a little to sensitive. I'm always touching stuff I don't want to on my i phone without gloves. Then the glove thing on an i phone, It just wont work, It only likes your naked finger. They do make special gloves which I tried, but once dirty they no longer work. I work outside a lot and when my fingers get cold it won't operate the screen. As for screen wash out in the sunlight, that's a 1000% guarantee. Last but not least is extreme temperatures which will lock your screen up until the temps go up or down. As for scratch proof I think most MFG's could use some form of sapphire screens or an overlay. I really like the idea of scratch proof.