My Adventure Down South With Story And Pics

Thanks for the story and pics!  Helps a guy in cold country get thru winter dreaming of warmer weather, gold, and some sun!

• Like 1

Nice report. Did you guys just go at it alone or did you have someone pointing you were to start at?

I've wanted to go down south to expand territory for years, that ground looks very similar to Mojave and the cactus very similar to Sonoran desert, AZ desert rats such as myself could hit the ground running. Bummer to hear the gravy is gone, but 41 grams is a decent take for a trip. How many detecting days did it take for that?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Lunk, what is that taped onto your chest? And, are you using the minelab cross-piece on your harness? Thanks...

That is the WM-12 strapped to the cross piece with a couple of elastic hair-ties. The speaker is oriented straight up so that the sound hits both ears equally.

And Lunk didn't get gold to show...? I think he needs to post a few photos too for the rest of us who are stuck awaiting the snow to melt...(Thanks bud!)

2 hours ago, Lunk said:

That is the WM-12 strapped to the cross piece with a couple of elastic hair-ties. The speaker is oriented straight up so that the sound hits both ears equally.

ah, got it…how do you find using the crosspiece? (sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious as I have not used it but am thinking about it).

• Like 1

OK, OK, I did not see where you figured in the "Border Crossing" Payment!  Surely it was not smooth sailing? 

Nice post and story!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

14 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

ah, got it…how do you find using the crosspiece? (sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious as I have not used it but am thinking about it).

I find that it works very well for me, personally. The bungee transfers the weight of the detector to the crosspiece to which it is attached, and then it is distributed equally to the left and right struts. Before the GPZ 7000 harness was released I used a hipstick, but my right shoulder would get sore because the weight was only being transferred down the right side. Now with the crosspiece and double struts distributing the weight to both sides, I can swing the Zed all day without fatigue.

• Like 1

Nice country side and gold guys...I've always wanted to prospect in Mexico and the Mongolian step. Must be a real prick (😂) detecting in cacti though!

A couple of your pieces look like worn crystal gold and your biggest pice looks like rope gold which is a type of crystal also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to My Adventure Down South With Story And Pics