My Adventure Down South With Story And Pics

Very cool. Would worry me though to run around in MX with alot of gold in the pocket and the 7000 in the hand

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 10:33 PM, mn90403 said:

Well done Gerry.

Will Lunk have his own story and different gold?

That is up to him, but I would think he'll share a pic or two.  Thanks,  Gerry

19 hours ago, jasong said:

Nice report. Did you guys just go at it alone or did you have someone pointing you were to start at?

I've wanted to go down south to expand territory for years, that ground looks very similar to Mojave and the cactus very similar to Sonoran desert, AZ desert rats such as myself could hit the ground running. Bummer to hear the gravy is gone, but 41 grams is a decent take for a trip. How many detecting days did it take for that?

We were invited down on private ground.  I detected 10 days, so averaged 4 grams a day.

You guy are so wrong about Lunk pic I have been with him out hunting gold for a long time when I see that pic of him  that mad me very sad I have only see that face when he hunt with people that not a very  good cook I see the post and head down too him this is what he need to bring him  back mushroom risotto green goddess pasta rigatoni Firenze Dutch baby pancake French onion risotto if you go with Lunk make sure you have the food ready for him you need to make sure that you are a great friend of the gold Community

ps he love pie and I cream 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

That is up to him, but I would think he'll share a pic or two.  Thanks,  Gerry

Already posted at top of this page.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rusty1212 said:

You guy are so wrong about Lunk pic I have been with him out hunting gold for a long time when I see that pic of him  that mad me very sad I have only see that face when he hunt with people that not a very  good cook I see the post and head down too him this is what he need to bring him  back mushroom risotto green goddess pasta rigatoni Firenze Dutch baby pancake French onion risotto if you go with Lunk make sure you have the food ready for him you need to make sure that you are a great friend of the gold Community

Thanks Chef Rusty, you’re one helluva camp cook!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rusty1212 said:

Rusty,  You are 100% correct.  We had to eat out of cans and eat stuff raw (uncooked).   The other party with us did cook a really nice meal 1 time, but nothing like Chef Rusty can do.  It was so rough Rusty, we both lost weight.  When we hunt with you, it is such a pleasure.  I actually enjoy using up a whole roll of TP paper and gaining weight when hunting gold with you.  I still think you do this to us so you can try and take advantage....🤣

• Haha 1

Reading all the post I don’t think it was the question about if a VLF detector could be used in that ground? 

Gerry I don’t seeing you make a trip like that without a backup and maybe more than one. If so maybe one was a VLF and again if so did you give it a try?

The Best to you on If and when the next nugget hunting trip.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Gerry, indeed a great adventure, and it's a great update on the legends of "easy" gold in Mexico. Nice to know the true story of how it is today, always seems to be a gold mine in someone else's backyard, but often our own backyards are just as good or better. . . .

Loved the story and the pictures.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lunk said:

Thanks for calling me out, Mike; I haven't made the time to post my experiences during the trip with Gerry yet. No better time than the present, as they say! I was able to stay a bit longer in Mexico than Gerry, and my Zed located 50 grams of the good stuff.

Our foray south of the border was filled with many memorable experiences, and we were most fortunate to be given the opportunity to chase the elusive yellow metal in the beautiful wilderness of Mexico. Muchas gracias por nuestro anfitrión y al propietario de la tierra para extendar su generosa invitación.

Lunk, truly enjoyed your story and photo-essay. Great finds!

All the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1