My Adventure Down South With Story And Pics

23 hours ago, fredmason said:

If you have not been to the Pilbra/Nullagine or the Kimberlys ....well, they are spectacular...in my opinion.

good luck and have fun

Your on the money Fred, over here in NQ OZ, although there are a few private properties that allow fossickers on for payment, most of our gold country is on private property where only a few are allowed and that is understandable as they`ve experienced enough of the "average" disrespectful sly fossicker. 

Gerry & Lunk go with Freds advice, WA has the laws that allow fossicking, The Kimberleys are simply magic and is a massive area, advice...…. get very experienced with your GPS device, OZ gold loves remote massive empty dry areas and perhaps look at paid tours, might cost but you will not be using time up ensuring your legal or safe and should be put onto chance of gold every tour day. The tag-along-tours Missus & I went on in WA in the 90s all were paid for by gold finds, but unfortunately that top tour guide has retired, thus I have no reco re. tour guides. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.  I also enjoy getting recommendations form a few of you as Lunk and I will try our luck in Aussie Land.  I've had success in the Kalgoorlie/Leonora areas years back, but it was still hard hunting.  Has the beaches (gold jewelry) been exposed or do you folks even try for such finds?

Either way, Thanks again.

PS.  The photo of some of my gold from last OZ trip

Aust1.JPG

Aust3.JPG

DSCN1659.JPG

Gerry1.JPG

gerry1b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have one of the lifetime prospecting licences for Western Australia that I got about 40 years ago. Do they still have lifetime ones now? I heard they changed it. 

My first gold finds were near Broad Arrow. I wish I had a PI detector back then. I would have been a rich man now. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.  I also enjoy getting recommendations form a few of you as Lunk and I will try our luck in Aussie Land.  I've had success in the Kalgoorlie/Leonora areas years back, but it was still hard hunting.  Has the beaches (gold jewelry) been exposed or do you folks even try for such finds?

Either way, Thanks again.

PS.  The photo of some of my gold from last OZ trip

Aust1.JPG

Aust3.JPG

DSCN1659.JPG

Gerry1.JPG

gerry1b.jpg

Gerry-- 

My son Nick was looking over my shoulder commenting how nice these pieces are!  So i showed him the pieces in your first post with the shovel for exhibition of size and he thinks we need to be friends with that guy and go prospecting with you !! (Ha)

• Like 2