Here's some of the 2019 finds... still loving the nox. 

15818679134773066005908029773440.jpg

• Like 9

Looks like you had a very good year with your nox.

Next time I am at my brothers in Springfield we need to get together for a hunt.

Congrats on your finds!

• Thanks 1

Wow, 

Hard to choose what coins i like more!! How about all of them! I'm jealous!👍👍

• Like 1

Excellent year, and apparently you didn't show us all of it ("...some of the 2019 finds...")

Could you give a bit more detail? Here is what I'wondering about:

1) What is the coin to the right of the two Walking Liberty halves?

2) What is the rightmost coin of the top row of silver Washington quarters?

3) Are those all Indian Head pennies to the left of the silver coins?

4) Anything you feel is worth mention?

I see you highlighted two 1892 mintmarked Barber dimes.  I point out that several of the -S mintmarked Barber dimes and some of the -O's are sub-million mintages (such as your 1892-S) and fall into the semi-key category, IMO.  I on the other hand, have only found one, 1900-S, which happens to be 3rd highest mintage of the -S issues and only worth bullion content.  As I've stated elsewhere, many of the -S mintmarked coins, particularly from the 19th Century, didn't make it far from the Western states so your 1892-S is a particularly scarce find in the Great/Central Plains states.

Good fortune in 2020 -- I hope you'll be showing us some equally scarce goodies when it's over.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Looks like you had a very good year with your nox.

Next time I am at my brothers in Springfield we need to get together for a hunt.

Congrats on your finds!

That Sounds like a plan. I'm retired so my schedule is pretty flexible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent year, and apparently you didn't show us all of it ("...some of the 2019 finds...")

Could you give a bit more detail? Here is what I'wondering about:

1) What is the coin to the right of the two Walking Liberty halves?

2) What is the rightmost coin of the top row of silver Washington quarters?

3) Are those all Indian Head pennies to the left of the silver coins?

4) Anything you feel is worth mention?

I see you highlighted two 1892 mintmarked Barber dimes.  I point out that several of the -S mintmarked Barber dimes and some of the -O's are sub-million mintages (such as your 1892-S) and fall into the semi-key category, IMO.  I on the other hand, have only found one, 1900-S, which happens to be 3rd highest mintage of the -S issues and only worth bullion content.  As I've stated elsewhere, many of the -S mintmarked coins, particularly from the 19th Century, didn't make it far from the Western states so your 1892-S is a particularly scarce find in the Great/Central Plains states.

Good fortune in 2020 -- I hope you'll be showing us some equally scarce goodies when it's over.

GB,

It's just a dodge token to the right of the halves.

It's a 1928 Canadian quarter beside the Washington's.

Yep, all Indians. It was considerably less than 2018 but a lot less hunting time (wife had a bout with cancer. They got it early and she's doing fine. Thank the Lord!!) 

The 92 s & o barber's were really neat to find. Looking for the 92 plain now..lol 

Both halves the standing liberty a barber some mercs ,several Indians one silver ring and a bunch of wheaties came from a side walk strip. We drove to a town with an old fair ground. Got permission to look at some of it...one merc and a few wheaties...a little disappointing. Light bulb goes off and we went to the sidewalks leading into it. The parkway's were really wide and obviously over looked. It was an awesome time. 

I had a three shield nickel hunt in a local park with a friend and his wife who came down from Springfield. That was crazy. (Four so far from that park.)

Didn't get a lot of civil war stuff but I did get some. 

I'm diggin it md group on face book. I posted four Indians and five wheaties from today's hunt. Already had three for the month one was an 1864 fatty. My second copper nickel Indian(first with a readable date). That was cool. 

Feb. Has been good for Indians but only one silver(merc) I haven't found a seated coin for three years...I've been in some good places cause I've watched some friends get them...who knows it could happen tomorrow. lol

Good luck and HH!!! Tom

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sube
      Trying to get some answers for over a year on why I need speed for separation I figured a tech savy group her could lead to some answers.
      Simple 1 minute test pull-tab with dime 3 inches away on left side and a dime 3 inches away right side of pull-tab same plane .At 2 inches nox and ctx hit with proper id .Now raise the coil 5 inches no separation nox will only id as tab 13 or 14 ctx same however ctx will id correct to 10 inches using side of coil nox no coil size did not matter .
      Replace tab with nail nox does better will id to depth but with id of 12 13 14 or 15 16 and 17 the ctx will give proper id as deep as it well go .
      What I think is happening is as the coil is raised the field becomes larger thereby encircling all the targets no separation now we have a blended signal .
      I get the speed thing where the audio is shorten letting you hear the targets separately instead of bunch up but all you have to do is slow your coil sweep to hear the targets . (WHERE"S THE SEPARATION)
      That 1 tab on the same plane kills the separation of the nox dead in it's tracks what about a 3d target situation can only imagine .
      Fairgrounds are the worst place you can run a detector nails big iron cans pull-tabs foil can slaw and every piece of junk know en to man.
      So I need id the ctx is far better than the nox getting back to the dimes and pull-tab at 10 inches with the nox the dimes have to be 6 inches away from the tab to get good readings of a proper id (WHERE"S THE SEPARATION THEY TALK ABOUT) wondering if the deus fairs any better .
      I seen all the guys whipping targets as fast as they can and say man that has separation yeah at 2 inches what about where the coins are good ones 6 to 12 now I could care less about separation at 2 inches i'm not looking for clad . All the test I have seen 2d 3d and on have been done close to the targets what about 5 inches I think they all would fail . sube
    • By Rmoore7167
      HI
      Im brand new to detecting and have the Nox 800.  I thought id do a test bed and search around home first before going out...Im having a issue trying to figure out what is what...I have a VID numbers list but not sure i see galvanized nails, bolts washers etc...  My readings are all over the place...so just started digging up yard 😂.  Tons of stainless steel nails (For siding i assume) as well..when i go over these targets in park 2, 15hz and multi i get readings of 24-30and they also jump all over...so I go into all metal mode...Then changes to mostly less than 0 #s as well the higher numbers...Ive also have gone 90 deg to targets as well and get same reading.  So getting a bit frustrating...  I have threshold at 0, sensitivity at 20 or less, 2 breaks less than 0 for ferrous (volume at lowest setting) and then above 0 for non ferrous, recovery speed at 2 ....is there just too much trash and am i better just to go to a park to learn?  there also seems to be a lot of black sands and small pebbles that are magnetized as well as a magnet picked up a lot..and my pinpointer was going off like crazy and i couldn't even find the target  I know Im all over place here but a little guidance would be much appreciated! thanks!
    • By nordic
      Hi there,
      Thought to ask, perhaps it is obvious, but I don't know, are there conditions when GB can be negative, or why ML allow it to go negative? As you know it can be in range -9  to 99. I've never seen it going below 0.
      Many thanks!
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Since this is an Equinox forum, people may assume it is supposed to be all sunshine and roses. The truth is I love well written critical commentary. The problem with most negative posts about detectors is they come down to "I saw a video somebody posted and that machine sucks". Personally, I see minimal value in that sort of thing.
      What I want to see here is posts and reviews from people who A. have actually run the detector and B. can offer straight up critique without the extraneous "boy, how dumb can they be" commentary. What do you like, what did you not like. What worked well, what does not work well, and why. Things to do, things to avoid. Whatever. It's not that you have to heap praise - if you don't like something for some reason then simply explain why.
      Here is the first review I did on a Nokta product. Notice I mentioned several things about the machine I was not wild about. I did not beat the company up for it - just stated the facts as seen from my perspective. Notice I went back later and also commended the company for later addressing those very issues.
      Where is my similar review as regards Equinox? Can't do it until I have an actual production unit in my hands or assurance that what I have would match a production unit in every way. When the time comes I will do my thing, though it will not need quite the detail of the Nokta review just because so much of that stuff has been covered already here on the forum.
      Just wanted to get that out there. It is probably premature so I will bump this up again when units start shipping. All we want to know, all of us, is what people around the world think about various aspects. Some things will be great, some ok, and a few not ok. That's real, and real is all I ask for. Thanks! 
    • By lookfinders
      I have a eqinox 600,where i live is a 1700s site.been detecting it for 20 years with a number of high end machines,also buddies of mine detecting it,year before last pulled out 13 large cents with my atpro.just a little side note atpro not used in pro mode is useless,in pro mode its awesome totally different machine. but back to why im posting,everything im detecting is mostly in the teens,strong signal ,rotate around the target, still a strong signal,dig rusty nail.everytime.i have iron bias at 3. most targets are going to be below 13 inches that is where my atpro massed out.so my question is why the teen vdi numbers for iron and is there a way to get past the 13 inch mark. sidenote, the house I live was George washingtons surgeon during the revolutionary war. any help is greatly appreciated. 
    • By vanursepaul
      Looking for tips on detecting tailing piles...
      I have the Equinox 800 and the Minelab 5000.
      and a lot of trashy tailing piles to detect !!!  🤠
      _________________________________-
      BTW----- Looks like we are running low on masks 😷 and gowns here in LA--- but we will survive--
      Vets have been exposed to tougher stuff than this!!!

Carry on and thanks for any tips on the tailing piles..
      paul