2019 Equinox Finds

Tometusns

Looks like you had a very good year with your nox.

Next time I am at my brothers in Springfield we need to get together for a hunt.

Congrats on your finds!

• Thanks 1

Wow,ย 

Hard to choose what coins i like more!! How about all of them! I'm jealous!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Excellent year, and apparently you didn't show us all of it ("...some of the 2019 finds...")

Could you give a bit more detail? Here is what I'wondering about:

1) What is the coin to the right of the two Walking Liberty halves?

2) What is the rightmost coin of the top row of silver Washington quarters?

3) Are those all Indian Head pennies to the left of the silver coins?

4) Anything you feel is worth mention?

I see you highlighted two 1892 mintmarked Barber dimes.ย  I point out that several of the -S mintmarked Barber dimes and some of the -O's are sub-million mintages (such as your 1892-S) and fall into the semi-key category, IMO.ย  I on the other hand, have only found one, 1900-S, which happens to be 3rd highest mintage of the -S issues and only worth bullion content.ย  As I've stated elsewhere, many of the -S mintmarked coins, particularly from the 19th Century, didn't make it far from the Western states so your 1892-S is a particularly scarce find in the Great/Central Plains states.

Good fortune in 2020 -- I hope you'll be showing us some equally scarce goodies when it's over.

ย 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Looks like you had a very good year with your nox.

Next time I am at my brothers in Springfield we need to get together for a hunt.

Congrats on your finds!

That Sounds like a plan. I'm retired so my schedule is pretty flexible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent year, and apparently you didn't show us all of it ("...some of the 2019 finds...")

Could you give a bit more detail? Here is what I'wondering about:

1) What is the coin to the right of the two Walking Liberty halves?

2) What is the rightmost coin of the top row of silver Washington quarters?

3) Are those all Indian Head pennies to the left of the silver coins?

4) Anything you feel is worth mention?

I see you highlighted two 1892 mintmarked Barber dimes.ย  I point out that several of the -S mintmarked Barber dimes and some of the -O's are sub-million mintages (such as your 1892-S) and fall into the semi-key category, IMO.ย  I on the other hand, have only found one, 1900-S, which happens to be 3rd highest mintage of the -S issues and only worth bullion content.ย  As I've stated elsewhere, many of the -S mintmarked coins, particularly from the 19th Century, didn't make it far from the Western states so your 1892-S is a particularly scarce find in the Great/Central Plains states.

Good fortune in 2020 -- I hope you'll be showing us some equally scarce goodies when it's over.

ย 

GB,

It's just a dodge token to the right of the halves.

It's a 1928 Canadian quarter beside the Washington's.

Yep, all Indians. It was considerably less than 2018 but a lot less hunting time (wife had a bout with cancer. They got it early and she's doing fine. Thank theย Lord!!)ย 

The 92 s & oย barber's were really neat to find. Looking for the 92 plain now..lolย 

Both halves the standing liberty a barber some mercs ,several Indians one silver ring and a bunch of wheaties came from a side walk strip. We drove to a town with an old fair ground. Got permission to look at some of it...one merc and a few wheaties...a little disappointing. Light bulb goes off and we went to the sidewalks leading into it. The parkway's were really wide and obviously over looked. It was an awesome time.ย 

I had a three shield nickel hunt in a local park with a friend and his wife who came down from Springfield. That was crazy. (Four so far from that park.)

Didn't get a lot of civil war stuff but I did get some.ย 

I'm diggin it md group on face book. I posted four Indians and five wheaties from today's hunt. Already had three for the month one was an 1864 fatty. My second copper nickel Indian(first with a readable date). That was cool.ย 

Feb. Has been good for Indians but only one silver(merc) I haven't found a seated coin for three years...I've been in some good places cause I've watched some friends get them...who knows it could happen tomorrow. lol

Good luck and HH!!! Tom

ย 

• Like 2