22 minutes ago, kac said:

Looks real, did you find that?

No, bought it from a friend of a friend we only paid $500 for it the guy we got it from got it years ago from his friend that’s what he paid at the time he got it. I don’t remember the whole story but supposedly the friend owned the mine or factory both possibly and it was friend price. The guy we got it from was just showing it off and my wife talked him into selling it to us plus we’d given him a good price on some other stuff so he just passed it on for what he was into it for. Just as you know sometime stories are just stories?

• Like 1

Couple more we picked up and while I’m at it sent them over to the auction house to see if their worth anything? The amber chunk weighs 4lbs 3oz and is 11.5”x4”x7.5” 

the fluorite weighs in at 4lbs 13.2oz measuring 6.5”x3”x4.25” also from China 

see what heritage has to say and if we made a good buy?

60329F09-63CF-457D-877D-D731DBF1F7C0.jpeg

D709D669-03CB-4AFA-8BBC-0D92BCF0BE45.jpeg

• Like 2

If they are fake then you got some fantastic paperweights for $500 hehe. I think they are real.

• Haha 1

To me it looks real.  As to your link on pricing its pretty close to the mark depending on how its graded.  I like the coloration however it's lighter blue than top grade turquoises, Bisbee Blue is one of them, but should it prove real it looks like very good quality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DDancer said:

To me it looks real.  As to your link on pricing its pretty close to the mark depending on how its graded.  I like the coloration however it's lighter blue than top grade turquoises, Bisbee Blue is one of them, but should it prove real it looks like very good quality.

Well, recon I’ll find a different wheel chock for the Jeep until all this sorts out🤞  

On 2/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, 1515Art said:

The amber chunk weighs 4lbs 3oz and is 11.5”x4”x7.5” 

the fluorite weighs in at 4lbs 13.2oz measuring 6.5”x3”x4.25” also from China 

see what heritage has to say and if we made a good buy?

I'm very interested in your opinion and feedback on Heritage Auction when you hear back from them. I've never consider selling any gold specimens through an auction house before and would value anyone's experience in selling or consigning to a auction house good or bad. Gerry in Idaho also expressed interest in Heritage Auction in Mitchel's thread.  Gerry's Post