Nokta Makro Multi Kruzer Newbie

Hi all, I'm new to this site and the world of non analog detectors. truth be told I was a die hard Tesoro fan. since Tesoros sad demise I chose to purchase a multi kruzer and jump into the unknown waters of modern technology. I would like to thank all of you for helping me make this decision. This forum is a wealth of knowledge for someone like myself who is a weekend warrior detector. Anyway after two days of experimenting I think I have the basics of this amazing machine. I cant believe how deep it goes, I found an early button at 14 inches, I thought it was a false signal but dug it anyway.  I experimented with 2 tone but found the 3 tone to be much better. All of my problems in the past were bad and wet soil This detector doesn't care about any of that. I've never been able to disc out multiple targets at once 3 tone does it like magic. Today I hit a site that that my other detectors go mental on and found a 9 inch silver dime. But to my point and enthusiasm If anybody has some setups please post them. Gain, notch, tones ect. would be very helpful to new guys like me trying to figure out the multi kruzer. Once again thanks all and thanks to Steve Herschbach for helping making my decision with all his informative information.

• Like 2

I have been eyeing the Multi Kruzer for a while now. Always thought it was a sleeper machine on performance and overshadowed by all the Nox fans. I thought that the MK with the 13" coil would be killer on small silver running at 5khz. For kicks you should try a depth test on deep mode at 5khz and see how it hits a silver dime.

Still using my Tejon for the most part.

I tried 5 khz , I get better depth with 14 and 19 for some reason but its just a test garden. but I'm still learning this machine. I also avoided the ML 600 for all the hype I've not been happy with hype in the past. This thing in extremely wet soil not in beach mode is crazy good. Most times it won't ground balance in the wet,  but crank the gain way low - balance and readjust the gain up to 91 and your good to go. It will be a chatterbox but not overly bad. I can pick out a penny or clad coin out of ten nails on top of it and you can hear the break tones. I'm still trying  to get use to the tones but they seem very much like analog tesoros. This kruzer is only 3 days old and I cant believe the difference. Another $600 in clads and it will be paid off. One thing I noticed is they do not like EMI it will chatter like crazy but it will still hit the targets. Once again i'm hoping guys will post some of their starting programs to help out some of the new owners conquer the time and error factor. After a month I'll post some of my data.

Lower frequency should hit high conductors better. High frequencies hit low conductors better. Anyways having absolutely 0 experience on the Kruzer, my 2 cents is if it is chattery drop the sensitivity down. Just because the sensitivity has a range of 0-100 doesn't mean you can run it at 100 all the time as conditions will effect what it can do. If emi is the issue then try a frequency shift. Not sure if the MK has frequency shift on each of the main frequencies if not just jog through and see if any of them makes a difference.

When I run my Tejon I don't always max it out on sensitivity. Big open areas where I need depth like a field I'll push the machine to where it is just runs quiet and run the ground a bit hot. Pine forest where items are typically shallow I can run it at half way. Same in a park there is no need to max it out. I think that if the machine is pushed too far everything runs hot and it becomes harder to tell differences on targets. More so on an analog machine that has no display. On the contrary the AT Pro can run full blast almost all the time as that machine is pretty tame.

bit about ground balance, I took my Tejon out to a local beach that is almost all wash as the erosion is horrible. I was able to push the Tejon at 10 (max but not overload which would be a hypothetical 15 on the dial). I could not ground balance it but set my gb 1 1/2 turns which would be half way where the ground was hot but machine ran quiet and very little falsing if any. Running it in AM mode would just make noise as the you could hear everything but kicking the first disc up shy of foil it was quiet as a mouse and I was able to snag a few coins, old beat up silver ring (not 925) and some odd brass piece maybe from a toy and of course usual sinkers. Anyways I always try for a quiet machine rather than a noisy one as I find myself to be fatigued from the noise and end up missing targets.

All those targets where in the 6-10 range damp sand. Nothing to brag about other than the Tejon is not a beach machine.

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0904 1.JPG

Thanks Kac, I did a little experimenting after work today and tried the 5khz lowered the gain to 84. I could just make out the mercury dime at 9 inches. In the field I probably would not have dug this bouncy signal. So I bumped up the gain and got a really good signal. I buried another merc at 11 inches and got a faint spotty signal, I moved it to 10 inches and got a half decent signal. Seems like this kruzer gets better depth with higher gain. Its not noisey unless your within 75 feet from a transformer or soil where someone dumped coal ash and slag. It does have a frequency shift I just have to figure that out. I really appreciate your thoughts, I think if you pull the trigger on the multi kruzer you will be really happy. 

• Like 1

With EMI, depends on the mode and the frequency. In my area 19 kHz is worse than 14 kHz, but once away from suburbia a bit, 14 kHz runs fine. 3-tone is a lot quieter than 2-tone, which is a bit quieter than 4-tone. But 4-tone is my choice for areas where I can dig deep holes, as it is a lot deeper than 3-tone, even with the Gain down in the 60's. For shallow coin picking, 3 tone with Gain under 90 is lightning quick and will sift through all the surface junk no problem. 2-tone being VCO will allow you to determine target depth, either shallow or deep, which is great when you are chasing targets at a certain depth. I.e. only targets shallow hits, or ignoring everything except deep targets depending on site. 

• Like 2

11" on a 7" wide coil is really impressive! So a guestimate with a 13" coil maybe 13" min on the merc, maybe more?

Was looking at some tube videos, one showed you can double click the mode and it will flash giving a different option that gives better signal on fringe objects but may pick up mineralization as well. Seems like there are lots of little things you can do on that machine to get different results. I glanced through the manual out of curiosity and it did mention frequency shift is available for each of the frequencies under the frequency mode. Not sure how you access them but guess that maybe a double click like some the other options have?

Getting itchy to pull the trigger and get one of those 🙂

I was pretty shocked by the depth too, my cibola would never get close to that. Its nice that i can get that deep. I'm thinking about getting the 7 inch concentric for it, I like to hunt in the woods around old stone farm walls and such.  I also heard that the 9 inch concentric goes pretty deep. If I hunted open fields I seriously would consider the larger coil. the only problem I have is the crappy red clay soil I hunt, this stuff has a lot of iron in it. I live outside of Philadelphia near a town called skippack. We have a tremendous amount of history here. The oldest coin I found was a 1642 copper at a site that was built in 1767, sadly it was turned into a CVS drugstore.

• Like 1

The larger concentric might be better but the stock should cover the majority of your hunting even the woods. Only real benefit of the concentric is when you hit flat iron like bottle caps so if you plan on hitting areas that are infested with those then it may help. For woods finds tend to be much shallower than fields. Do a quick dig and see where that clay line is and measure that, I'm betting the stock coil should hit that with no problem.

My Tejon barely hits a dime at 10" with the larger coil and often much less. Low conductors are no issue.

Figures they built on an old site. Up this way there was a civil war training site on an old farm. Most of the farm has been subdivided up and they stuck crappy mansions on it. Only a small patch of dirt is left for the site. Can't even sneak in and check because the contractors dump so much fill and loam the original ground is long gone. Same thing has happened to a nearby powder house that was litterally moved across the road so they could stuff some crap houses in! I think the powder house dates back to the 1600's.