Nokta Makro Multi Kruzer Newbie

OK, I can't hold back anymore. I just needed to share some of my finds with my ( as I like to call it Mega Kruzer) HA HA. I'm not the best at this , but I'm pretty proud of the roughly 9 hours total on this machine. Bunch of clad , pewter spoon, Merc dime, silver ring, two old buttons, bird band , a weird button ? with the inscription FRANCOR"REX FRANCISG"DC with a crown and dragon symbol. And  what I believe to be a suspender buckle S&G.M. CO. Patent 1871 #186, The super clean clad I found at a play ground in the mulch. DID ANYONE LOOSE A CHRYSLER KEY FROM A 1984 LE'BARON??? don't ask how I know the vintage of this key HA HA. I'm sure I missed more than I found but this is what keeps you going !!!! Oh I forgot Mickey mouse.

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

• Like 6

You're off to a fine start!  Welcome to the website and 'club'.  Here's a bit of info on the button from a different MD'ing site.  From further Googling it appears these have been produced and reproduced multiple times -- honoring a 16th Century French king.  Figuring out the age of yours could be a challenge, but fun, too.  Being in Pennsylvania makes things more interesting, with the extra (including Colonial and Revolutionary War) history compared to many of us further west in the USA.

I notice you found a thimble, or part of one.  I've yet to find a thimble in my ~1000 hours of detecting.  Pop tabs, though -- I've found my share of those.  😁

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm really excited about this detector. I found the button about 100 feet from a 1810 farm house 8 inches down, the thimble was found on an 1830 property about 10 inches deep and about a foot away from the small harness buckle. I also found the harness rivet which I didn't photograph. Like I said I'm still learning and have about 1000 hours on tesoro's . People might laugh but I still love my Campadre !! stupid simple not much depth but My 1640 copper came from this machine. which came from the foundation wall and was mortared in almost like someone put it there on purpose.  I've found a lot of good things with my campadre. I'm a big fan of History and actually make a living in carpentry and historic restoration. Thanks so much for your comments this kind of stuff really helps me become a better detector. I still think my Chrysler key was a great find HA HA

• Like 2

Off to a great start with that MK, might have to pick your brains on tips if I snag one. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

The freeze was over today so I went out for about 2 hours on an old kids camp area, built in 1932 it's about 80 acres. I hunt this place a lot and I'm never disappointed . I was running 19khz, which I never could do in the past, toying with different settings at each hit. Man does it find pull tabs, probably my fault for digging but better safe than sorry. found some clad, zinc, Shotgun shell and coal (never ceases to amaze me how that rock hits like something good). 2 cool tokens. one green duck corp. token and one Philadelphia Transportation company token (pre 1964)   Almost forgot 2 paint brushes never dug those before!!  And the ever popular earth worms     AND WAIT FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!

WHITE GOLD AND DIAMONDS  (Not really just a fake) But man did my heart almost stop when I saw it poking out of the dirt !!!!!    THANKS MY NEW FRIENDS for all the help and tips. 

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dogodog said:

Man does it find pull tabs, probably my fault for digging but better safe than sorry.

What detector doesn't?  You can discriminate them out, either with settings or just your brain.  But you're going to miss a lot of things that aren't pulltabs -- as always, the individual detectorist's choice.  I see you've made the same one I usually do.

Nice tokens!  BTW, do you know the age range of the J. C. Higgins shotgun butt?

Did you try setting the vdi to SP mode by holding down the  - & + buttons same time? At 19khz you will have more of a number range on the low conductors like pull tabs, square tabs etc. Seem the normal mode is based off of the 14 khz and uses same numbers of targets across all 3 frequencies.

Lastly they say that running the gain above 80 slows the recovery speed? I think I'm too new to tell the difference on that.

I don't mind digging questionable targets, thats how I found the fake diamonds. I was running in SP. I was running gain around 84 bouncing around to 90-91 to pick up the depth once a target is found. I have found that you pick up about 2'' in depth when you go from the 80's to the 90's. As for the higgin's shell probably from the early 1950's. I use cartridge-corner.com for all shotgun shell info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blew off work for a little bit today, was too nice out so I hit local puddle and skimmed over the beach area. Found the machine runs good at 85 gain but can get a little chattery with the emi around. Depth wise I would flick on the EUD and see if I got a better hit or not.

Running it at 19 kzh with SP vdi so i can get more numbers to tell what is trash. So far 3 tone seems to work good in high trash areas for me. I like how I can hear the bottle caps too, little trick I used to do on my AT Pro was to get the nose of the coil to the edge of the target and see if I got any iron grunt or not. Technique works very well on the MK as you can leave the iron audio on very low.

At 19kzh it reminds me of the Tejon on how hard it hits bits of aluminum and lead. I tend to dig those anyways especially the faint ones as they could be braceletts or thin rings. I still find the Tejon much easier in really trashy areas with the 8x9 concentric as I'm so used to cherry picking ranges but getting used to the MK.

• Like 1

I took note the other day when I was out that nosing the coil around the target you get some better answers with the DD. I tend to do a square dance around the target, multiple times to get a clearer image in my head. Also my depth has increased with the MK about 4 to 5 inches. I think I'm finally getting used to the VDI after years of hunting by ear and my senses, but I still dig certain sounds. Aluminum on the MK is a clearer tone while on a tesoro its more of a broken tone. I think the tesoros can pick out aluminum much better by tone. If the MK did not have VDI you would dig every AL sound. Once I hurdle some of the differences this machine is going be a game changer for my old sites. Can't wait for my concentric to get here. (worse than a kid at Christmas)  Kac I might have to find you at the beach one day for some digging, just remember I don't do sharks!!! Thanks for your help my friend

• Like 1