Not Only Did My Coil Tab Break, Now

midalake

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Evidently the Equinox can not even be rinsed off in the shower after use. What a piece of JUNK. 

Wow  I don't know if you are still under warranty, but if it is I would be calling them.

I have had mine in a bathtub over night for a test, and never had a problem. I figured if it couldn't take a bath they could fix it.

1 hour ago, nordic said:

I think it was mentioned somewhere, apologies for repeating if so, the water can get either through a ruptured speaker (salt water, etc) or battery compartment seal. Either way, it should be under warranty.

Yes I am under warranty yet. Just really frustrated in the fact a detector that is supposed to go down 10ft under water can not be rinsed off without getting water in it. I have ZERO confidence this machine is manufactured to water metal detecting conditions. I already have an RMA on the coil and was working with them to get one sent to Mexico......It now looks I can wait for next years season. 😡 

A detector is like a chain in its no stronger than the weakest link . Just maybe in the case of a detector it’s the speaker.

The odd thing for a lot of people they may never knew they had a problem. My Nox 800 I had never had its feet wet and may still been that way if I still had it.

Chuck 

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the detector. After having a Tesoro Stingray, White’s Surf PI, and Garrett ATX all fail on me while on trips I long since have never traveled and hunted water without a backup detector. Not to make light of your situation, but it seems all water detectors eventually fail. The only real insurance is a backup. Just a thought for the future.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the detector. After having a Tesoro Stingray, White’s Surf PI, and Garrett ATX all fail on me while on trips I long since have never traveled and hunted water without a backup detector. Not to make light of your situation, but it seems all water detectors eventually fail. The only real insurance is a backup. Just a thought for the future.

😁 Who said I am machine-less?  Sitting next to me is two GT Sovereign's [I learned that lesson 25 years ago]

But more importantly I was just getting ready to share what I have learned over the last 5 weeks. [now this complete mfg. failure]

I have been running three different programs and comparing "iffy" signals and recording their composition. [Will have to wait]

But one tidbit on the Equinox and  Sovereign comparison. So, determined to learn the Nox I had not hunted the Sovereign till the Nox failure yesterday.  One POSITIVE with the Nox is amount of target digging. For instance, 3.5 hour hunt yesterday 68 coins, and about 12 pieces of trash.  Total 80 Digs. 

To get 80 digs with the equinox it would take me 5 times out or more. THIS EQUATES to more sand and space covered, which could and can mean more items of higher value found. If I can get a used machine to my wife to bring down in a month I should be able to complete the rest of my findings.

Dave

• Like 1

Since I never ever use the internal speaker, I've covered it with a transparent self-adheasive sticker - just to rule out one potential weak point..

Every machine..... even when dirt hunting i use a nylon piece to cover the speaker.  I dont use it and even on the MDT requested it NOT be there as a water machine.   Just have to be careful rinsing a machine.   I cant tell you how many people i know who have flooded even an Xcal by using a water hose on the wrong setting to close to the machine.   Its a coin flip i guess.   Ive not had an issue and when using mine its IN the salt water and under water most of the time.   The price is good on this machine........BUT there are issues with the machine that this 3 year warranty has made life much easier.   A lesser warranty....... and people might be singing a much different tune about the Nox.   Im waiting to see when those warranties run out how its handled and the cost.