Gold Tops U.S. $1600 For First Time In 7 Years

$1645 last I seen.....  sold most all my silver a month ago along with 2 ozt. gold @ 1545.....glad I only sold 2 ozt and get a warm fuzzy feeling hanging on to the rest of my stash....  In paper terms gold has been my best investment over and above interest, dividends and stock trades.....Go GOLD!

• Like 1

The gold prices are nice, but rhodium is dwarfing all the metal gains, it's almost quintupled in the last year. PGM prospecting is looking pretty dang appealing again now. 

image.png.2aa5bb982ac14a39cb36da247713c381.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Swegin said:

Everyone is in panic mode well alot of people.  

Doesn't massive uncertainty lead people running to purchase gold?  S&P500 down nearly 10% midday (16 March 2020).  Volatility seems high everywhere.  Get your mind off of it and go detecting!  (That's where I'm headed right now.)

I think uncertainty regarding the solvency of our financial system and currency causes gold to go up. Uncertainty about wether or not a family has the cash on hand to buy the things they need while weathering out a storm probably causes cash to be king. My best guess anyways, what we are seeing now isn't like market pullbacks of past, thus the seemingly odd performance of gold.