Gold Tops U.S. $1600 For First Time In 7 Years

The gold to silver (price) ratio recently hit an all time high.

• Like 1

1 Ounce US Mint $50 American Eagle Gold coins are all sold out everywhere I look. On ebay they are selling above $1800 an ounce, close to $1900.

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Even if it does break through that figure is it really an all time high?

Yeah, it really is. That’s how all time high prices in dollars is measured. The buying power of the dollar is something else but does not change the fact that US$1920 an ounce would be a new record price in U.S. dollars.

Now is the time for  major decisions. Do I hang on to my gold in hopes of higher prices or sell before the price drops. And if I did sell What would I do with an extra $9.35

Life is always full of tough choices.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Try going to the supermarket and buying anything with your stock market shares...LOL That argument is meaningless.

Jim

JW mentioned "You generally can't buy anything with gold."....  I traded 1 ozt for $1400 worth of dental work recently.  Asked my dentist if interested in a trade and he jumped!  In Alaska you can buy damn near anything with gold, including raw wild gold.  There's a lot of "gold bugs" out there that are very willing to buy or trade for gold....so don't completely discount gold as a means of monetary exchange.   jmo

• Like 1

I'd happily take gold for my machining services, or sweep jigs, gem jigs, or anything else I make and sell.

Jim

• Like 2