Chris,  Your such a calm, cool and collect kind of guy.....2019

I went past the post a couple times and then notices a little traffic, so thought I'd check it out.

My my you certainly hit a heck of a pocket and as a long time nugget hunter, I know it is extremely rare.  Not only did you find really good gold, but was able to capture it on camera and story with it.

So glad your year ended GOLDEN and hopefully 2020 is just as good.

Most importantly, thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, kiwijw said:

Well, well, well.....for those of you who have walked away from a ground mineralization type signal or an iffy sounding signal.....here is proof of what it just might be. Goes to show, you just never know what ANY signal is until it is in your hand. I don't care what anybody has to say about how they reckon they tell a crap signal from gold. There is no way to be 100% sure until it is in your pinkies.  

Good for you Chris.👋 You were rewarded for deciding to dig it anyway.

snip.....

Best of luck out there

JW 🤠  

Thanks JW, looks like you had a great find yourself. I found this mineral the same way. I was detecting bedrock on a slope and thought I had a signal. 18 inches into the rock I chipped this out20190107_192106.thumb.jpg.779456a4480a57141dd5e8deca86e610.jpg20190106_212602.thumb.jpg.5c20ad55ab80b36ea8ddb6e6ae277ef9.jpgnot really sure what mineral it is.. I was hoping for gold though. Best of luck to you,

Chris 

• Like 5

Chris,

You had a great year.... congrats on all the gold you got and are still getting, but thats a different story 😉. I feel 2020 will be another great year for you dude !!!!

Dave

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, kiwijw said:

Well, well, well.....for those of you who have walked away from a ground mineralization type signal or an iffy sounding signal.....here is proof of what it just might be. Goes to show, you just never know what ANY signal is until it is in your hand. I don't care what anybody has to say about how they reckon they tell a crap signal from gold. There is no way to be 100% sure until it is in your pinkies.  

Good for you Chris.👋 You were rewarded for deciding to dig it anyway.

I have found a similar thing but it didn't "live" to the extent that yours did. It was in ground I had thrashed over the years with my GP 3000 & 4500 & all the multitude of coils for every scenario possible. This was before the Zed & X coils. I was running my stock 4500 with a new Coiltek 11" Elite mono. It was getting late in the day & I "thought" I got a very faint signal. You know the ones? More a hunch that it was a signal....or something. But there was something that pulled me up. A few scrapes & I was into hard rock. Signal was now more of a faint but positive signal. Smashing into the hard rock & getting deeper the signal kept improving. Not knowing if it was gold or not I wasn't getting over excited. It wasn't long before it would be dark & that would be in about an hours time. Only having my pick, which I was feeling sorry for, as I was down in to quite a hole now in the solid rock. I have a friend who lived not too far away & Mrs JW said she could go & see if he was home & get something a bit more heavy duty to deal with this. Turned out he wasn't home. By the time she got back it was almost dark & I had the signal now a lot more positive & I was now excited as it could be nothing else down in this rock now than gold. I was peeling out dirty quartz. I had no choice but to back fill the hole. It was a sunday night & I would have to wait a whole week before I could get back with cold chisel & hammer.

Any way....long story short.

Thats not showing what the GB 2 got from the dig out material.

This has always been my thought about what I found as it soon "pinched" out. But the fact it was coming out of solid rock & not decomposed bedrock or talus as Steve has touched on. Leads me to think it was a small load vein pocket or remnants of & not a lose specimen that had shattered or broken up. It really got me going & I thought I was going to have to approach the farmer & let him in on it & use his excavator. It didn't come to that in the end. I do repay the farmer in whisky & beer when I have a good find, of which he refuses to take but I always insist. We get on well. 😄

Awesome find for you Chris. Congrats.👍

Best of luck out there

JW 🤠 

JW, great story, and I loved the pictures you posted with it as well.

Thanks for the share, and all the best,

Lanny