Minelab Equinox 600 Programs

Mike Buck

Afternoon all!  I know that there have been many programs out there for the 800, but are there any well known programs for the 600?  Mainly coin and relic hunting!  I like the preset park and field modes but wanted to possibly branch out and try something different.  Thanks! HH. 

I don't really run "programs" I set it up as appropriate for the site I'm detecting.  Iron?  Salt water?  Ultra coin depth?  Plowed field? Prospecting...oh not on the 600, but you get the idea, learn the various settings and you can set it up optimally for each environment you enjoy detecting at.  I see too many people try to run someone else's "program" that was made for THEIR site and not be successful, because your site is different.  And to be honest, the default modes are setup pretty darn well IMO, Minelab and the field testers put a lot of thought into this machine and it shows, it'll make a newbie look like an expert in no time. 

GL&HH,
Cal

• Like 1

If you haven't done this yet you could work on ground balancing your Nox 600 instead of running it on 0 ground balance. It does change things a bit. If you are really feeling ready for something different in the Park and Field modes for coin hunting try them in their default settings but change to 50 tones for awhile...............

Good luck.

Jeff

• Like 2

I have found that the factory presets are just fine after ground balancing and minor adjustments for sensitivity.

ML has thought about almost everything in their software to benefit the user,  the simple settings I have found to work the best for me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Pick the mode  closest to your type of hunting. Noise cancel and ground balance. Turn on the horseshoe (all metal) and find a piece of ground with absolutely no ferrous or non-ferrous targets and ground balance. you don't want to ground balance over metal targets.

Quiet your machine down with reducing your sensitivity as necessary. Adjust other settings ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Using other people's programs that are set for hunting sites completely unlike yours (eg mineralization, trash, etc) is a prescription for a unbalanced or un-tuned Equinox. Speaking from experience. When I first got my Equinox I was looking at programs other people used and found they really don't work for anyone else.

• Like 1