My Thursday X-coil Iffy

mn90403

4 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

They do absolutely provide better sensitivity that’s true but in some ground that extra sensitivity will work against you.

JP

Ill have to agree with JP on this-Although I havent used a X coil yet its very true with the Evo and the Elite coils as well-Ive noticed if the ground is wet they start getting noisier and hitting on hot rocks that normally not a problem when the ground is dryer-so then you dumb up your settings and what have you gained :huh:-Mike C...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It's just bloody stupid dumb ass metal detectors, not life and death. People are supposed to be here united in common interest, not divided over the details of that common interest.

Best thing I read all day.     So Far.😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Couldn't agree more Steve. Thanks for being so sensible. Gee...Mitchel is going to get a shock when he is back & visits his post.😄

You will hear nothing more from me regarding X coils. Thats a promise.

Best of luck out there

JW 🤠

It's a shame you are taking it that way JW. I was hoping you had your say and that JP was taking note of it, and everyone could move on. Lot's of people enjoy your posts but if you want to disappoint all of them over one thread that's your call. Best of luck to you also.

• Like 4

Hey, JW you are one of the few that openly show us your finds, be a shame for DP to lose that openness.

• Like 4

Not only do I enjoy seeing the perseverance involved in detecting and then recovering those bits that hide in bedrock crevices, but the scenery is spectacular to say the least. It is a totally different ball game to detecting here in Australia.

You tell it how it is, and if you swear by X coils, then that is part of the story. Don't be intimidated, just keep doing what you do well.

• Like 5

Staying mostly on the sidelines, I have to say I learned a lot from this thread regarding technical details and experiences and I am looking forward to future discussions on this topic. Having close to no experience with the X-coils, I am intrigued by the potential these coils seem to present in situations favorable for their design. I very much enjoy all the experts in the field and consider an optional X-coil purchase myself. That being said, I also very much appreciate JP's expertise and his advise regarding the in's and out of the ML machines and all his technical expertise. It is rare to find someone with his skills and experience, just as it is a pleasure to learn from all you other guys who truly champion the passion we share. I try to learn every day to improve my performance in the field and your posts are a vital component for my learning, just as I am sure it is for many others on this forum. Let's continue to share our passion for gold hunting and learn from each other, regardless of your preferences fro equipment. 

• Like 6

JW...... I would like ... if you were to continue to contribute to the X-coil thread ... with your rich gold prospecting experience ..., I know that you try to use the detection equipment of what works best for you ...

• Like 1