Indian Head And A Quarter

2Valen

11 hours ago, Tometusns said:

That 1877 Indian is like the key coin! Awesome find! 

When I read some of the comments and then read yours, I looked up the IH on the internet and I am blown away.

I had no idea about it and thought it was just another coin. I know I need help with the churches around here as I know I am missing a lot of targets. I need to learn more about my 800 and become more proficient with it.

I just wonder what I have missed out on and how much more is around this area.

Most of the churches around here were built around the 1850's and have not changed much since.

Thanks for the heads up on the IH as I probably would have gotten taken on it at a dealer that i sell to. He buys the coins and I know he is taking advantage of me and others.

Thanks for the support.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Keep clearing out that trash, and more should emerge.

I have already dug over 3 pounds of trash already and it gets really old after a while.

However you are correct in saying that I have to get rid of it all to get to the good stuff.

One of these days I will find a ring or some gold and then I will feel better.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:17 AM, 2Valen said:

I found a very nice Indian Head penny in great condition. This IH is in better shape than the 1889 that I had found in my back yard several months ago and is the older brother of it as it is a 1877.

I was thinking "hey, what??!!"  Were you trying to play this deadpan and see what kind of reactions you got?  Either that or you hadn't photoed your find and just went out on Google images a grabbed a 'random' one, not bothering to match the correct date.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, Tometusns said:

Wow!!  That 1877 Indian is like the key coin! Awesome find!  Congratulations!!!

Glad someone woke up.  😁

Tim, I think you may have just found a Vanquish 540 (equivalent).  Check eBay sold listings to get an idea of what people are willing to pay.  I don't know what yours grades but it looks like the ground was very kind to it.

Well done!

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Either that or you hadn't photoed your find

I don't have a cell phone to take pictures with and used my camera after I got home and cleaned them up a little.

I had no idea that it was worth any more than the1889 I found in my yard until Tometusns stated that it was a good coin.

• Like 1