Blue Tooth Headphones Fell In Water , Repair Take Apart ?

I do my own repairs , but typically I'm last in line ;(

Got deeper into the headphones today , and realized  I was out of flux for doing ic chips .

Got the main IC off the board after taking a closer look & seeing corrosion on the edges .

Took some bad pictures , will take some more after I resupply and clean up more .

After removing the IC with hot-air station , and turning the chip over you can see [ bad picture ] corrosion - yellow on a couple edges .  

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

• Like 1

Being fast with such repairs is key.. we keep our fingers crossed 🙂

I've precautionary snagged a ZZSY BT80 for 13€ including shipping. It should arrive today. Hopefully it pairs with low latency 😁

• Like 1

I looked those up , only replies were from Amazon , and none available .

I did not have the option of getting into them for a couple weeks , so not real hopeful .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By CanadianScouser
      As a new member of the forum I suspect this question has been dealt with many times in the past .I am having a problem linking my WM 08 to my Nox 600 .It just does not happen ,full charge on both and 2 ft apart .I have tried at least a dozen times .(headphones not turned on or involved .Can anyone help ?
    • By JimT
      I have asked some and received their ideas and suggestions 
      if you are running wireless which transmitter and headphones are you using. 

What kind of run time are you getting out of the ones you chose ?  

Sound Quality? 

I can get the Z-Link or the Minelab sets up but thought someone might have a really good setup they have ran across
      Thanks 
      Jim
    • By Purplehays69
      Got em today and am blown away so far with music...... Sounds like Dave Matthews voice is in the middle of my head..... WOW.....
    • By pinpointa
      E-mailed Centerville Electronics about Whites replaceable covers for ear muffs. No reply. Does any one know where i can get covers from .I am in Australia. Regards.
    • By mn90403
      Has anyone tried them with a metal detector?
      I came across an article which displayed some Bose audio sunglasses.  The concept was not something I had really considered but when you read about them they are built for athletes that need to be aware of their surroundings to avoid accidents.  We detect in areas where we need to avoid accidents and critters also so hearing outside of headphones is beneficial.  This would also have the potential of eliminating hot and or uncomfortable headphones for me in the desert.  I don't think they could work well at the beach with crashing waves.
      Maybe we can begin a review of these Bose and other audio sunglasses here.  Of course there would need to be some with LL and other technical specifications to work with our equipment but it could also be a new product idea for one of these companies. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/frames/bose-frames-tempo.html#D61A74D4CFE947DB6685D4D8CE1982FC 
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,

We are adding 2 new headphones to our line-up.

1)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/WATERPROOF CONNECTOR
      Compatible with all waterproof Nokta Makro Detectors – Kruzer/Anfibio/Simplex
      Allows the user to submerge the whole detector in water for shallow underwater hunting.
      (The headphones are not waterproof).

2)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/6.3mm JACK – for land use

BOTH HEADPHONES HAVE IN-LINE VOLUME CONTROL, ADJUSTABLE HEADBAND and SPIRAL CABLE.