300 Tons Of Nazi Gold

I think I read that the two guys claiming to have found a train (they never said it was the train) reported the find to the authorities via their lawyers because they believe there are mines in the tunnel/siding where the train is stationed. This would make sense as it explains why they didn't just go in and search it themselves without telling anyone.

If there is any gold there it will be very difficult to redistribute because the world and his wife will make a claim. And many of the people who are entitled will either be dead, or have no means of proving what was stolen. Probably the best thing would be to donate it to Amnesty International or Unicef. But that's never going to happen.

Lets wait and see and watch the circus start. Reminds me of Mel Fisher and his discovery of the Atocha....took him 7 years to win his claim and a million dollars to defend it. In regards to the train and its loot stolen by the Nazis when they were escaping the Soviet advance...please remember what the Nazis did to the Russians as they had a policy of murder and burn , pillage as their advance went eastward ...stealing cultural treasures, and anything they can have their hands on. So if the items are found to be from Russian and proved, I am sure cultural representatives will negotiate the matter.

300 Metric Tons of Gold works out a 9,645,223.97 OZT times that by $1140.00 has caused my calculator to display some crazy numbers, but what ever it adds up to is this = 1.0995555E10

So some one will be able to afford to buy a medium sized country at leased.

1000.00 grams divided by 31.1034768 grams = 32.150746569 OZT.

32.105746569 OZT Times ONE Metric Ton (1000 kgs)= 32150,746569 OZT,

32150.746569 Times 300,000 kgs (300 tons) = 9,645,223.97 OZT

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest findings "no evidence of train". http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35104117

I love these kinds of treasure hunts. There is no actual evidence at all that the fabled trains ever existed in the first place. But like Bigfoot you can't prove they did not exist, creating a cottage industry for this little town in Poland. Money being made for sure, just not by finding treasure.

• Like 1