Epic Day For My Brother, Well Earned Too.

Fantastic hunt, great story, and beautiful pictures.

Congratulations on the find.

• Like 1

Awesome finds!  That $5 is an early one, darn near a Classic Head and a first year Liberty Head!  Interesting array of coin types and date ranges, fricking awesome, congrats to your family legacy and your bro for his killer finds!

• Like 1

Congrats to your brother on finding his first gold coin, hopefully many more to come. I and my Dad (96 years young) have yet to find our first gold coin. My wife found a 1899S $5.00 gold coin on a club outing to a ghost town several years ago, maybe this year it will happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

With the 6" coil too, that ground in the background looks intimidating with the little 6" coil.  So much ground, so little coil 🙂

Great job, nice looking coil too. 

You are correct for most hunting.  He started out with the stock 11" and found a few coins in the area a couple days before.  Nothing was over 3 to 4" deep, so when we went back I realized a slower sweep in the area with a small coin might pull something else.  Well these 3 coins were not in the exact same spot, but still very close.  Also, the small coil gets in the bushes easier too.

• Like 2

Thats wonderful Gerry...it's amazing that there are still great finds like these to be had...two half dollars and a gold coin in one day...was it a virgin spot? or were you guys just expanding around an old spot you have detected before? After Goldbricks amazing find a few weeks ago I've become optimistic that anything is possible.

strick

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 8:21 AM, strick said:

Thats wonderful Gerry...it's amazing that there are still great finds like these to be had...two half dollars and a gold coin in one day...was it a virgin spot? or were you guys just expanding around an old spot you have detected before? After Goldbricks amazing find a few weeks ago I've become optimistic that anything is possible.

strick

We were expanding from the gold camp and he just happened to go down hill and I went up.  Yes, anything is possible.