Multi Iq

Stephen Allen

Guest Tnsharpshooter
On 2/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Stephen Allen said:

I'm just wondering if this has been asked before ?

When I purchased my Equinox 800 the shop told me that the multi-iq is not available when in gold mode, only 40 and 20 kHz. In the manual it if I understand it correctly it says that in gold mode you have multi, 40 and 20khz modes. My question is

In gold mode is the multi, all frequencies 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40khz or is it only scanning 20 and 40khz in gold modes.

Hope someone can set me straight

Multi IQ is strength of Equinox. Here’s a video I did today showing strength of multi IQ.  Notice ground balance changes somewhat when moving back and forth between single freq ops and multi frequency ops.

I certainly wasnt trying to be negative...... but rarely is that secret sauce ever determined.    Im the worst at wanting to know.....million questions guy here.   I do push those button and i learn a little info from all the real Gurus on these sites..... but it still comes down to my conditions and playing around with the machine.   Ive got to TEACH ME.... and its been said you dont know what you dont know.   Hard to tell how many out there are using their machines subpar.    I get guys all the time come up to me on the beach with questions.   I look at their settings and wonder .... my god how are you finding anything..... seriously.    Its a lot like those with that golf swing.  We develop bad habits and just because we find something ... sometimes we think all is well.   My suggestions is ..... test especially on those deep targets.... im many cases that means dig more targets.   Also ..... the Nox manual is perhaps the BEST one ive ever read.  I dont know who wrote it but they knew the machine.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I look at their settings and wonder .... my god how are you finding anything..... seriously.

I love this quote...

I knew you were not being negative and agree with you.  And being a 1 million questions guy myself, I've known for awhile now that ML is just not going to be forthcoming with how Multi IQ does what it does, so, like you, I am just happy to just know that it does it and am resigned to not knowing how it does it.  :smile:

• Like 1