Detecting Forum Website Popularity

24 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This website has been on a tear rapidly increasing in popularity for some time, and I thank you, the good forum members, for making that happen! 

Thanks for providing such a great forum for all to participate in.  Members wise I think you gathered the best of the best. Seems like new members signing up everyday. Thanks again for all you do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm rating this #1 for friendly and helpful people who don't judge and give extremely helpful info on all topic's. It's a great site for someone like myself who just likes good honest info from experienced detectors. Easy choice to join Detectorprospector.com   If you are just browsing and see this please join up and see the difference from other sites. we are all very respectful and willing to help out with your questions and give you congratulations on a good find.  I'm very new to this site and have had ZERO bad experiences. If someone here does not know something they will know someone who does. Thanks GB Amateur, Kac, 2Valen and Steve Herschbach for making my first experiences a great one. I wood love to see a Detectorprospector rendezvous, Maybe you could make that happen Steve ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm interesting. Well I'm on 2 and 3 on the list. I have or had a findmall account. Since they did the change my old password doesn't work. I hardly ever posted there so not too bothered... I have a look at Dankowski forum every now again but find the format very difficult to read. 

I rate it #1 for being a friendly and helpful place.

• Like 1

Yeah, Alexa is not perfect, it's just the best overview you can easily get with a sample database numbering in the millions. Google Analytics give you better numbers for a site, but no way to easily compare those numbers with other websites. Alexa is owned by Amazon.

https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200449744-How-are-Alexa-s-traffic-rankings-determined-

An alternative is SimilarWeb

On 2/26/2020 at 6:52 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Of course any number of people on the forum can meet up anywhere if they choose.

Steve,

First I want to thank you for having the best site and so easy to use. The best people are here and it just can't get any better.

Now for what you said above: but she won't meet me there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like posting content here because Steve makes me feel welcomed, regardless of what equipment I'm swinging or posting about.   I don't feel like I have to be using the latest greatest to make a contribution.   And I think the other folks that frequent this site feel the same way.   It doesn't matter if you are swinging and talking about a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or the Minelab GMZ 7000 your content contribution is appreciated.  

I like that.   

HH
Mike

• Like 8