Detecting Forum Website Popularity

Thanks for mentioning that Mike. There is too much focus on high end gear and I think that alienates people from forums. Way too much focus on having the absolute edge in performance and not recognizing good finds can be made with any detector. If I had a $50 detector that only detected two inches I could still post plenty of great finds. Compared to detectors I used decades ago the $200 detectors today are powerhouses. I hate people being shy of posting simply because they don't have the high end units.

• Like 7

Congratulations Steve on your forum's increasing popularity.

I believe it's a direct correlation to the man in charge due to his knowledge, attitude, and sincere approach in being friendly and helpful in all ways possible. Moreover Steve,  you do it while keeping an open mind to deliver honest evaluations of equipment brands based on your sincere,  personal evaluations, not brand-name hype or band-wagon promotions.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I want to throw my congratulations in as well.  I read the posts and have learned a great deal of tips and insights to be more successful in the field.  I truly appreciate the effort to provide detailed, comprehensive responses to questions.  Thank you from the forum lurker!!! 

• Like 1

Mike I also think your post is spot on.
It doesn't matter what detector you use.
It's all about the mind-set, the focus, the interest in learning about methods of detecting, the research… this is what we all have in common that is important and that is why Steve's forum shines. 

• Like 2

Congratulations Steve,

You have an international following which is great.  It brings other viewpoints and experiences to the forum.

Doc

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this site Steve. I have not been lucky enough to have someone show me the ropes so most of what I have learned is from this forum. Thanks to all that have shared their knowledge.  

• Like 3