Deus, Orx, Nox 800, Gold Kruzer, 24K Test

This is for those of you who may be wondering about purchasing an induction balance gold prospecting detector using mid to higher frequencies or just for the curious. I had a chance to do some comparison testing with the detectors below. Sorry, I did not have access to a Goldmonster 1000 or a Fisher Gold Bug 2.  These are outdoor air tests in thick EMI and cold temperatures, 28F. I tried to set these up as close as possible, but coil size, DD or Concentric, and EMI susceptibility were out of my control. The detectors were placed on the ground with the coils perpendicular to the ground and each coil made contact with the ground at its heel. All detectors were ground balanced and noise cancelled or frequency shifted for the best possible EMI protection. The only detector that was really handling the EMI well was the 24K. I actually could have run it at maxed out settings, but to be fair I lowered them a bit to try to match the other detectors. Also included is one depth test for these detectors using each detector's coin/ jewelry mode that was used in the air test. This depth test is for a 5" deep US nickel (no snickering please since the Deus and ORX mineralization bars are 3/4 full or more in my dirt). This nickel has been buried for 2 years and currently the ground is frozen. So, these are tough conditions. From my experience with these detectors their air test results here (due to EMI) are very close to actual in the ground results within an inch or so depending on mineralization levels of course. Please notice the coil sizes used in the test before making a judgement.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I like all of these detectors very much and they are all excellent gold prospecting detectors. This is for reference ONLY. Your results may vary a lot!!!!!!

Jeff-McClendon_gold-detector_comparison-table_5.thumb.png.4220c77655b1703e5c0db5db00eca3b4.png

Jeff-McClendon_gold-detector_comparison-table2.thumb.png.5be7c51a1d5eaebfd341f39bcc5b1939.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jeff, I find your tables quite informative.  I hope you don't mind that I reformatted them.  I wish they had better resolution.Jeff-McClendon_gold-detector_comparison-table_5.thumb.png.4220c77655b1703e5c0db5db00eca3b4.pngJeff-McClendon_gold-detector_comparison-table2.thumb.png.5be7c51a1d5eaebfd341f39bcc5b1939.png

• Like 3

GB_Amateur 

I have zero problems with you redoing those two tables. Formatting stuff is definitely not my thing. Typing is hard enough for me!!!!!!! I may copy your version into the original post if you don't mind. It is easier to read for sure..

thanks 

Jeff

• Like 1

Gotta love a gold machine that uses concentric coils.  The 24K gets some great reviews for an IB machine.

Am I right that they have a waterproof version out now? 

Jackpine,

there is a waterproof version, the GMX, which has the same operating features as the 24K but is in the much heavier waterproofed MX Sport body housing. 

Jeff

• Thanks 1