How To Deal With Nails And Lots And Lots Of Brass ??

I've been playing with the 3 tone mostly and run the disc. between 4 and 5. Also I flip flop the tone breaks  fe at 15,  gold at 70,  non-fe at 45  Just to see if the sounds make more sense to me. I'm not stuck on that though. I want to play with the gen. mode more but at that particular site it was the worst thing I tried. I think my biggest issue was ground balance, very difficult to balance in that place. In super wet ground beach mode works pretty good. As for depth its pretty amazing, I have some larger coils and I think that factory coil beats them. I really like the sounds on this machine. once again thanks everyone for all the tips, Funny how life is still a learning curve.

• Like 2

In gen mode you may have trouble in high trash/hot rock areas as you need to use isat and tracking on. So what may happen is you might auto tune out small targets. I did try gen mode in an open field and do like it. For the most part I keep going back to 2 or 3 tone modes but that was in the woods with tons of nails. Some old foundations I briefly poked around. Weather supposed to be warming up here so I'll get more time in.

I love my Multi Kruzer at these types of sites.

Not much you can do on the brass, if you want to find small gold coins and other masked targets, you simply have to remove it.

BUT for the sea of nail environments, it's great.  I use 4-TONE mode, and this is where iron audio is your friend.  I typically set mine down to 1, I still want to hear it, but I don't want it to beat up my ears so I get audio fatigue.  When I scan my coil across a sea of nails environment, I'm listening for anything that sounds different, because the nails will all basically sound the same.  Anything that sounds different, I stop, slow my sweep speed down, trying different angles to investigate it, ultimately digging it up. 

I've posted videos using my Multi Kruzer and Impact, and got a fair amount of criticism that I spend too much time investigating the signal, just dig it up, but to me, that's part of the fun!  Trying to use the intelligence of the machine and you're tribal knowledge to made an educated guess on the target before digging it up.  This actually turns out to be very useful over time as you're audio muscle memory builds it's database of audio characteristics.  

• Like 4

Great reply!!!  I've been trying to hone my skills learning the new sounds with the MK. Finally got some more information that verify's I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks for your valued thoughts. I too spend a lot of time listening to the sounds, that's what makes it fun. better than sitting in the house.

• Like 1

Quickie update on settings I tried. I blew off couple hours from work, thought it was Friday Doh! I hit an area that I had gone through a few times with both my AT Pro with stock dd and Nel Big as well as my Tejon with both the 10x12 dd and 8x9 concentric. Surprisingly I was able to pick through the tons of iron easily. Pulled a few nails from tiny ones to a big spike because I had mixed targets with coins in the same small plug I make.

I have been using 3 tone as my base setting then will toggle to the 2 tone to check for any small iron and gain bit of extra punch. The 3 tone is quiet as a mouse in some of the most miserable areas and not missing a descent hit. I think I'll give that same setting a try at the trashy park nearby but just drop the gain way down.

3 tone settings:

14khz Normal (default setting)

85 Gain

3 disc

4 notch (think that's default)

2 fe vol

1 isat

2 tone settings:

14kzh Normal

85 Gain

0 Disc

01 Notch (think that's default)

2 fe vol

1 isat

I swapped back to normalized vid because I was forgetting what to dig and what not when I changed frequencies. Think my brain is getting too old to keep up lol

IMG_0921.JPG

• Like 3

I didn't want to start a new topic on a question I had. Does anyone know if you can register a coil for warranty on Nokta's site?? there seems to be no coils listed on the menu. Maybe they warrant those without registration?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kac try setting ISAT to 0, you get a bunch more depth. I'm Pretty much using roughly the same settings you are. Looks like your doing well on the finds. I'm still trying different settings on hits to see if I can find a better set up.