Detectorist Finds 22 Treasure Fleet Coins In Florida

That's an awesome find, The closest I've come to pirate treasure was an oar lock off of a row boat, I'll keep trying. Thinking I might have to move to Florida ( weather sure is better). It sure is great that people still find some of history's greatest losses. Cheers to Mr. Martinez

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

INDIAN RIVER SHORES, Fla. – They don't call it the Treasure Coast for nothing.

Steve,

Did you notice that they were using the 800?

Thanks for the article nice to see the great finds with what I have, now I just have to get better with mine.

• Like 1

That’s just a bit south of me here on the Treasure Coast. Captain Jonah is a great treasure hunter and a heck of a nice guy!  Ran into him about a month ago and he shared some tips. He and his crew were out all night of the big nor’easter when they scored...I stupidly waited till daylight! Snooze ya lose lol.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

It does not happen often, but it does happen. I wrote a small booklet on the 1715 Spanish Treasure coast wreck including the GPS location of the wrecks and the corresponding on beach locations and places to park. But as you can see you have to wait for the right conditions to hunt the treasure coast.

Great find!

• Like 2