X-coil 15” X 10” In Franconia, Az

Chet

Oh my Chet!   That is a lot of targets to recover.  Anyone of those could have been a big gold nugget.  I’m happy you did find two nuggets and had a positive experience with the new coil and made it home safely. 

I look forward to a new chart if there is one in the making.  
talk to you soon, 
Brian. 

• Like 2

I don’t mind digging lots of bullets and she’ll casings but those really thin or tiny wire fragments are annoying. They sound so much like a small gold nugget, and then it’s just a bit of wire. :mellow:

Good on you Chet for cleaning up all that trash and getting paid a little gold for the effort. It’s those trashy locations that can have a large nugget still waiting just an inch down.

• Like 4

JW
Thank you; and congratulations on your finds. I experience similar hot rocks; I don’t like the big underground pointy ones that tend to give a sharp nugget type response.

Fred
It was about 10 miles south of Interstate 40 highway on Havasu Gold Seekers claims.
I did hunt the meteorite strewn field a few years ago for three days. No meteorites were found but again lots of bullets. 
Photo attached.

Beatup thank you.

Brian
The plan was to gather data for two more comparison charts. The last two days where raining and cold so I cut the trip short.  I will try again on the next trip. 

Steve
You are right on; the short wires are near the surface and can be found quickly with a little scrapping and a strong magnet. The long wires when in a wash can be quite deep and some hunting for just like a small nugget.

Have a good day,
Chet

Franconia area.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1