MDT And Nox Comparison On A Nickel

dewcon4414

I found this video on u-tube yesterday.  Not sure who shot it.   Everyone can nit pick a video but .. i think for the most part this was a pretty fair comparison on how people run the machine.   Note the Nox is in beach 1, recovery 2 and sensitivity at 22..... everything else looked pretty good i didnt see any glaring things that might give more depth.   The MDT .... couple of things i would have done..... ran threshold at 0 AND in the wet sand i run in 12 or 18 khz.... there another 1 1/2" gain to be had there.   Here in my sand a nickel at about 11" on the Nox changes to read IRON.  The MDT will have a bouncy screen..... but it will give you mixed reading and you WILL check that target.   Tom said he could get a nickel at 17"  ..... hes got mad skills...... but this shows i think that most might get a nickel at 15" and more once they have a little more time on it.   Im not bad with both these machines and i dont think my results would have been much different....... based on how i hunt with these machines.   Me and another guy did testing on a 3 gram 10k gold ring....... in those same conditions at the surf edge..... MDT was 14" the Nox 12".   We didnt under or over run either machine ...... because we wanted to know just which machine was better for our use on our beaches.   Here ya go take a look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1