To The New And Interested In The Hobby

This is for all the new and just starting detectorist's out there. 

For many years I hunted with the detector I could afford, mostly cheap or used. Did I want a so called better detector? YES, was I positive it was going to make me find more things? NO. That's where I was stuck. Did I risk my very hard earned money where the guarantee was low? Answer is no !!! My  early years were tough and  with paying rent and other bills, I had to go cheap to to keep enjoying what I found to be the most rewarding hobby I had. Today I've been very fortunate and with hard work, I now can afford any machine made. But I choose not to run the most expensive because of the old guarantee thing. I have found most of the things i'm after with a lower priced machine. What I'm getting at is you don't have to spend a ton of money for the satisfaction of finding cool stuff. There are dozens of great lower priced detectors on the market. Please do not get caught up in the price/technology thing. Starting with an entry level machine will make you a better detector. It will force you to learn the sounds of treasure. Learn the basics first, you just might find that the so called cheap machine is all you need to satisfy your lifetime enjoyment of this hobby. Don't be ashamed of what you can afford, in most cases once you learn, you can out find someone with an $1000 rig. And I've seen that happen. One of my favorite detectors was only $150. For many years I found many wonderful things coins, relics and such. To me the best part of it was the finding. It was not what I dug, it was the questions I asked myself. Who was the person who lost the item, What was it really like in 1790 ? (others might disagree) But these are the most important things in detecting not your machine. In today's technology based society we loose site of what was behind us and only focus on the future. Most everyone on this site does not earn a living off of detecting and do it for the same reasons I do it. The love of being outdoors, the magic of history, and the wonderment of how things got into the ground we dig. We all started at the bottom, don't be discouraged because of a so called lesser machine. SO TO ALL BEGINNERS AND EXPERIENCED remember it's about learning and enjoyment of this great hobby !!!!

HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL 

• Like 5