It's been for sale since about 2007 or thereabouts, probably longer. I don't think it's been worked in many, many years. Getting the permits to work it again...well it's California. Look at the pictures of the big nuggets. That's probably from the 1970's. As nice is it is to dream about, in this day and age in California it's only a dream.

• Like 2

Now after all the calculations I believe  that if everyone on the forum just chips in a few dollars, and put Steve H. in charge we all might make about $16.78 by the end of this year.

Who's up for it?

• Haha 4

I still think we all should buy the mine and split the finds!

Well once you figure in gas and food I've lost money on my first two seasons of prospecting and you're saying I could make a profit?  I'm in!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2020 at 8:36 PM, 2Valen said:

if everyone on the forum just chips in a few dollars, and put Steve H. in charge

I'm all in. The mine superintendents (Mr Herschbach) first priority should be to see that the boundary lines are in the proper place.

Not the claim boundaries - - - - the state boundary. It needs to be moved a bit to the West.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hey Guys,

A partner and I flew out to the mine several years ago as my partner was very interested in the purchase.  We got the grand tour, all day, most of the tunnels.  It's a great place, tons of history and I'm sure a bunch of gold left.  However, being in California, I doubt you would ever be able to work it to get that kind of return back.  My partner wanted to pull the trigger, but I talked him out of it. I think it's too much money and it would take a lifetime of just poking around to even get close to making it back.  

Just my thoughts, probably the reason it has been on the market for over 10 years.  

Rob

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

However, being in California, I doubt you would ever be able to work it to get that kind of return back. 

I'm from ILLINOIS and there is no poloitician that can't be bought, and if we give them a small cut of the profit we would be in.