A Couple More Equinox Finds This Afternoon

The item with the bouquet of flowers on it, is it silver? 

If so it would have fit inside a holder ring for a necklace. I have seen some of those same items in the past that were the size of a nickel. All of them had a holding rings to attach the item.

Great finds and isn't that hotel supposed to be haunted, be careful of what you find there.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's a dime with the engraving on it. There is a building on the square that's supposed to be haunted....not sure if it's the same one...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tometusns said:

I'm pretty sure it's a dime with the engraving on it.

You didn't mention the TID, but that adds further evidence assuming it's in the 20's.  Weren't a lot of those coins modified as love tokens only reworked on one side?  If so, yours would be an even more unusuual find.  Nice, regardless.  And the token seems to be of pretty high trade-in value.  When did the hotel go out-of-business?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

You didn't mention the TID, but that adds further evidence assuming it's in the 20's.  Weren't a lot of those coins modified as love tokens only reworked on one side?  If so, yours would be an even more unusuual find.  Nice, regardless.  And the token seems to be of pretty high trade-in value.  When did the hotel go out-of-business?

GB, I couldn't remember the id#'s on the love token but it's mostly 19's and 20's....it's pretty thin. I've seen those tokens both ways and some have a hole in them.

I'm not sure when the hotel went out of business but I did see an 1884 date when it was open. I'll try and find out some more info about it.

We're in the old part of town and the sheriff's dept. bought three old houses and had them removed for an expansion. This stuff came from the house across the street from where I got the other tokens. I have one more token that came from this yard that's soaking. I can't make out all the writing on it yet...hopefully it will clean up but I have my doubts about it. 

Good luck and HH! Tom

• Like 2