Claim Jumpers From Idaho

No matter the state...They should be checking what ground they are on... not good to ignore ckaim markers in plain view!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tslick said:

. I didn't know it was a claim. I said that is my location notice right there.

Don't you miss the good old days when a person could have shot them, not to kill anyone but just to let them know to stay out.

We had a farmer who would load his shotgun with rock salt and pepper anyone in his watermelon patch. Yes I know this from experience and I learned my lesson at an early age. How times have change in 50 years!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tslick said:

So I'm out at my claims this weekend and see fresh side by side tracks going up the wash. Completely off road, crushing bushes and cactus. I find several dig holes that were not filled in. Then I see them. Parked right smack dab on my corner marker and my location marker. When confronted I get the usual bullshit. I didn't know it was a claim. I said that is my location notice right there. The response is I thought the claim went east. Well there are claims owned by a local club that way. No remorse, no apology and had the stupidity to say that I was an asshole. This turd is from Idaho and says he is a prospector. My ass this dude is a claim jumper and doesn't give a shit about where he hunts. Doesn't care about the land and can give a shit about your mineral rights. Shit bags like this guy really ruin the hobby. I told him it is his responsibility to know the land status before he goes. He says there are so many paper hanger claims. There was just no reasoning with this turd. If you aren't going to respect Arizona land and claims stay the hell out of this state.  

Sorry to hear about this. It happens all the time and will continue. Life is too short to let it shorten your life. Good luck out there and hope you have good fortune. Karma. You win, they lose.

• Like 3

This doesn’t surprise me. Up until recently, Idaho trespass law was very much in favor of the trespasser, not the landowner/mineral rights owner. The law has changed, but the people have not. Having lived in other states, I never knew how much of a problem trespassers could be, we just didn’t have issues with it. The main thing I see with people is poaching and antler theft. They always act like they had no idea they shouldn’t be there. Several times I have taken pity on them and not called the law, and always hear about how they start telling everyone lies about what really happened. Usually on Facebook. I’ve had several people tell me that I’m being badmouthed for being nice. Now my policy is zero tolerance because they can’t claim that I was in the wrong if they have a conviction to prove it. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 9:26 PM, 2Valen said:

Don't you miss the good old days when a person could have shot them, not to kill anyone but just to let them know to stay out.

We had a farmer who would load his shotgun with rock salt and pepper anyone in his watermelon patch. Yes I know this from experience and I learned my lesson at an early age. How times have change in 50 years!

You can still shoot him and plant a .38 special in his hand...... Just carry an extra piece in your ankle holster for that purpose .....

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

23 minutes ago, MannyScoot said:

You can still shoot him and plant a .38 special in his hand.....

Why waste a perfectly good .38 in that manner. Just dig a nice hole, make sure there is no gold in it, throw in the claim jumper and fill in the hole. I just don't understand why you would of wanted to lose a gun like that. Don't forget to plant a nice little tree over the hole and protect the environment.

• Like 1

I agree Fred.  You really going to commit murder over 5 dollars in gold?  Cmon.  Take their picture and license plate, mark the location, call the police, have them arrested.  You can get more out of someone convicting them of mineral trespass vs murdering them.  SMH

• Like 4