March Bay Gold Rings..(11)

7 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

That’s awesome Joe! Great finds! Sorry about the one that got away. .but it’s waiting there for you. I would love to water hunt but our Southern California waves are brutal and I would just end up getting my butt kicked. Good luck my friend!

Thank You!! Yes, No doubt your beach's are deadly! 

• Like 1

Back out today for 3 hours, water was nice but after a few hours to rough for me...The best of it a 1925 class ring. Thanks for looking..Joe

video.jpg

video date.jpg

21d.jpg

• Like 4

Out today with normal tides but very calm winds and water. Been watching the locals posting on facebook and I can just about tell where they hunt from there targets dug and posted. Seen some one got a gold ring and another got a gold earring the other day. Looked like a fresh drop beach locally so I loaded up and went for a 3.5 hour hunt at a place I felt they may have hunted. Once there I was able to slip out deep into a area that holds older targets. Most of the sand was gone and more of a hard gray sand with shells. Found a few coins then boom a nice men's red stone gold ring..5.64 grams 14k, not a lot of targets in this area but near the 3rd hour I nails a deep big gold class ring. Name of the school is wore but it is 1960. 17.45 grams of 10k...Honker. 925 Heart and my first Mexican coin in years.

21d.jpg

21scale.jpg

OBN-0009 (2).jpg

20200311_210737.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe, 

Is this now over your head, depth wise?  Super ring!

GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Joe, 

Is this now over your head, depth wise?  Super ring!

GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thank You!!....Not yet, winter lows and North winds are making it easier to get into these areas. But spring coming the south winds will keep all above normal. Yesterdays low was right near normal and  negative tide. Summer these levels will run over two feet more. But will return come next October.

OBN-0008.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Joe,

That's a BIG ring !   Congrats on your finds.

Funny how we get so familiar with the areas we hunt.   

Continued success to you.

Rich

• Like 1

Sundays hunt. Two gold rings, one 18k small but beautiful design. Second a Mourning hair ring, worn for the loss of a love one. In this case I believe a child. No hair was left, ............dated Chester Assay, 9k,..375...1901...initials..EA 

21cc.jpg

• Like 3

A couple of those are some hefty rings and YES the toning of the gold shows their age.  Back in my not so smart years, I thought those were gold plated or gold filled, but I have since learned the older rings have different metals and purities added for strength and their methods compared to today was much more crude.  Now we don't see it as often, but on some 9 and 10K.  Occasionally 14K but I have not dug a stained or toned 18K that was modern.

6 gold rings in a day is TOPS in 95% of most hunters books.  I'm quite impressed and will say, a Job Well Done.  Thanks for sharing too.

• Like 1